The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 acting strange....now I know why!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 03/10/2009 : 18:42:06
I think I'd mentioned on another htread that Cash had been acting strange. Ranging out and about in his viv a lot more than he was usual for him. Anyway I now know why. I caught a juvy rat today in my attic space!
We live in the middle of a row of terraced houses and myself and my neighbours had heard scabbling/scratching noises in the cavity walls between the houses. Cash had been going bananas and we all thought it was down to mice.
I set up some traps and some bate boxes (which the culprit ate with no ill effects!). I checked my traps this morning and bingo a fat jucy grey rat around 1-2 years old.
I showed my neighbours who all gave a sigh of relief that the beastie had been caught. I also informed the environmental health (we'd never had a problem with a rat before) and guess what they, they didn't give a toss. I asked if they kept records and they said that they didn't!!!
My next move will be to write to my local council and explain what has happened and demand why records arn't kept as there seems to have been an increase in rat sightings since the bin collection service when over to 2 weekly collections.............
I've left my traps down just incase there was more than one....watch this space
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 03/10/2009 : 23:16:53
Couldn't give the dead rat to Cash as there's always a risk of disease plus it had taken some poison bate already. But hats of to him and all Corn snakes they know when there's prey about!
I will give him an extra treat next feeding time........
n/a Posted - 03/10/2009 : 21:19:19
Well what did you do with the trapped treasure? Did Cash get his share?
kizzig Posted - 03/10/2009 : 20:45:37
That's one clever snake! The councils are useless, always trying to save money but still increase your council tax bill!
Remmy Posted - 03/10/2009 : 18:56:47
Clever Cash, at least you know what it was. If it happens again you will know why

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000