The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Second Clutch

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 03/10/2009 : 08:17:20
Well, what a busy evening I had yesterday!!! Colleen has laid her second clutch of eggs. 16. Maybe half looking good. Glynis shed, Little Legs ate two big mice (greedy mare) and Hatchling no. 2 Shed and fed for the first time!! So today I'm a HAPPY BUNNY!!
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 06/10/2009 : 11:54:21
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

what 10 morphs are you after then?

Whiteout
Blizzard

Anery Lavender
Lavender
Charcoal (Anery B)

Hypo Plasma
Pewter
Fire (preferably striped)
Okeetee (preferably striped)
Avalanche

Now that I look at this list I can see that if I get a Whiteout it will satisfy the demand for a Blizzrd (similar morphs), and if I get an Anery Lavender I can forgo the Lavender and the Charcoal, so I can reduce it to 7 only, lol! It will still have to be in "waves" meaning one more snake come December, then a rest until it's time to change vivs etc, then the next three, and so on...

n/a Posted - 06/10/2009 : 11:39:38
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS....have I mentioned that I am jealous?????? xxx

Nope!
Kellog Posted - 05/10/2009 : 22:34:50
JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS JEALOUS....have I mentioned that I am jealous?????? xxx
HannahB Posted - 05/10/2009 : 20:20:37
what 10 morphs are you after then?
n/a Posted - 05/10/2009 : 19:02:43
quote:
Originally posted by kizzig

Oooh, empty vivs can only mean one thing... More snakes!

kizzig Posted - 05/10/2009 : 18:24:58
Oooh, empty vivs can only mean one thing... More snakes!
n/a Posted - 05/10/2009 : 13:49:00
quote:
Originally posted by HannahB

quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

Now, the next snake(s) is(are) going to be mine and will live in my area of the family's lair. I already have my eye on TEN morphs obviously I'm not going to get all of them in one go, but I've already hatched a little plan that will span over the next 10 years or so and will culminate with a home full of snakes.

the word addict springs to mind haha!!
congrats on getting a second one though - bet you both cant wait

Now why would you think that, I wonder!

Here is how it goes: the Hawk is already 14, the others are also growing up, so eventually they'll all leave home and I'll have all this space for all those snakes. I still plan to get a third snake some time around December if I can find a hatchling from one of the ten morphs, then give it a rest until all three need to change vivs, at which point I'll have three empty small vivs that would need filling up...

HannahB Posted - 05/10/2009 : 13:28:17
quote:
Originally posted by Hawkeye

Now, the next snake(s) is(are) going to be mine and will live in my area of the family's lair. I already have my eye on TEN morphs obviously I'm not going to get all of them in one go, but I've already hatched a little plan that will span over the next 10 years or so and will culminate with a home full of snakes.

the word addict springs to mind haha!!
congrats on getting a second one though - bet you both cant wait
n/a Posted - 05/10/2009 : 13:11:06
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

That is so exciting Hawkeye - so does that make Shen definitely yours and the new one Hawk's?? What sort is it? How old? Proven feeder and shedder? Name? Lots of questions....... xxx

They are both the Hawk's and both are going to reside in his territory, but we care for them together. When he finally leaves home one day, he'll take them both with him . Shen is most probably a Snow, the newcomer (still nameless) is a 3 months old Miami female. We have several to choose from so we'll make sure we take a problem-free snake, the Shen-saga is quite enough so I hope the new one will feed well right from the start!

Kellog Posted - 05/10/2009 : 10:05:33
That is so exciting Hawkeye - so does that make Shen definitely yours and the new one Hawk's?? What sort is it? How old? Proven feeder and shedder? Name? Lots of questions....... xxx
n/a Posted - 05/10/2009 : 09:59:38
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn

Sorry I'm not getting back to you very quickly I'm at work and things are a bit hectic here!! I have nine 1 week old hatchlings some pics posted on photo's under 2 day old hatchling, more pics to come. If you like what you see I can hold one til dec. The eggs i have now won't be ready for sale until Christmas at the earliest. I'm in Leeds and can deliver to anywhere within reason. Where are you?

Ok, thanks. Things have moved pretty quickly here these last couple of days: the Hawk is now getting his second snake this week rather than in two months having found exactly what he was after. It's an opportunity I didn't want him to miss, so we're going for that hatchling. I hope you'll be able to find good homes for all of your babies!

kizzig Posted - 04/10/2009 : 14:46:40
Great news! Can't wait to see some pics of the current hatchies and the new ones when they arrive! In Leeds you say... Hmmm...
Kellog Posted - 04/10/2009 : 11:46:40
Sounds like you had a very successful and busy evening. Bet a lot of us wish those things happened as easily with our snakes! Look forward to seeing updates on your hatchlings and on your eggs. xxx
n/a Posted - 03/10/2009 : 11:50:35
Sorry I'm not getting back to you very quickly I'm at work and things are a bit hectic here!! I have nine 1 week old hatchlings some pics posted on photo's under 2 day old hatchling, more pics to come. If you like what you see I can hold one til dec. The eggs i have now won't be ready for sale until Christmas at the earliest. I'm in Leeds and can deliver to anywhere within reason. Where are you?
n/a Posted - 03/10/2009 : 11:00:58
quote:
Originally posted by Glenn

60 - 65 days. Should hatch first week of December. Amels, Anery's Snow's.

Cool! Looking forward to seeing pics when they hatch. I've been thinking of getting another snake at exactly the time yours should be ready for sale. One of the "looks" I'm after is a snake that's white/grey/black with no other colours, so one of your Anery's could be it.

Where are you?

n/a Posted - 03/10/2009 : 10:27:14
60 - 65 days. Should hatch first week of December. Amels, Anery's Snow's.
n/a Posted - 03/10/2009 : 09:47:29
Busy day you've had!

How long does it take from egg to hatchling, please? What morphs are you expecting?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000