The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Reptile Supplies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 19/09/2009 : 18:19:26
Hi Guys,

Curious question. I live in Bradford and am wondering if anyone can recommend somewhere with a good reputation that is reasonably local where I can buy either another corn or a desert kingsnake.

I bought my corn from Living World in Leeds originally but I have heard nothing but bad things about them since.

Your help would be much appreciated.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
kizzig Posted - 21/09/2009 : 12:57:34
Hi Ashs,

There is a store just opened in Sowerby Bridge, we think it's called Reptile Mania - its a bright green shop! Don't know if this may be nearer for you?

Kizzig
kizzig Posted - 20/09/2009 : 14:08:42
Good Luck!

We forgot about the shop on Kirkstall road, We've heard it's quite good though. GP's right, Paws for Thought is a little pricey, but you can order supplies online at a lower price(vivs and things are a bit cheaper on their website, but we think they are advertised as an online only price as they are more expensive in store...) They have pics of all the reps and prices on the site.

We tend to buy live(crickets/mealworms) & frozen food from Paws for Thought or Pet City behind the market. However, Pet City don't actually stock reps.

My boss has said that there's a new shop opened in Halifax or Huddersfield (Can't remember which, but can find out tomorrow...)

We've never been to "Living" World, their unsparkling reputation preceded them so well......

Let us know how you go!
n/a Posted - 20/09/2009 : 12:27:17
Thanks for that I will check out the website for paws for thought. Thanks for the advice. I was just a little put off Living World when I read some reviews online about them recently and they essentially said what you have confirmed Ginger Pony.

gingerpony Posted - 19/09/2009 : 21:34:38
OOOOOH Dying Living World...........

i've been in a few months ago just for a nosey, and although the reps weren't as bad as i was expecting, as my daughter was looking round the rest of the animals she kept asking 'mummy has it gone night-night?' and i found myself thinking 'or is it actually dead cos i can't see it breathing.......'

there's T-pets on Kirkstall Road in Leeds, opposite where the cinema and McDonalds are, or Paws for Thought aren't bad but are a little pricey. i'm in there quite regularly to drool over their Madagascan Ground Boa and have had a few snakes from them in the last 6 years
kizzig Posted - 19/09/2009 : 21:21:43
Paws for Thought are quite good, they're based on York Road (A64) in Leeds. Definately worth a look.
http://www.pawsforthoughtpetcentres.co.uk/index.php

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000