The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 other than mice what is there

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 19/09/2009 : 13:31:20
hiya all
other than feeding my corn mice what else can i feed her no matter what you read it only ever mentions mice. what do you all feed yours on
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 21/09/2009 : 18:21:35
can i bring up the subject of my snake having a poop he doesn't seem to drop one very often ...... how often do they go been feed every 4-5 days but i only find i real small amount ..i don't no how much there deposit at one time ?? sorri to bring up this subject i no its not nice but i dont think she is doing enough
n/a Posted - 21/09/2009 : 18:12:10
so it's mie then lol cheers all
n/a Posted - 20/09/2009 : 12:32:59
Ah Kellog... he wouldn't dare do that!

LOL you know what they say... Treat em mean keep em keen!
I have to keep him on his toes, otherwise life would be just too simple
Kazerella Posted - 20/09/2009 : 10:23:41
There are other things, but like everyone else said mice are the only thing that should be fed as a staple diet.

I only feed rats when I've nothing else or I'm trying to fatten a corn up prior to or after breeding. I've never fed a corn a chick, but my kings have then occasionally but only because kings would have a more varied diet (including small birds) in the wild, whereas corns don't.

I've heard that fertilised quail eggs will be eaten, but I would NEVER try this myself.

Mice offer everything they need to keep them healthy, so if they will readily take a mouse everytime, then no need to try other things, especially since you might run the risk of your corn preferring other food and then you might struggle to get them back onto the good stuff.
Kellog Posted - 20/09/2009 : 05:17:39
Mice are a corns natural prey so no need for any change Garfy.

Ashs, stop tormenting your other half - how would you like it if he threatened to leave the lid of your viv open.....? xxx
n/a Posted - 19/09/2009 : 18:30:02
I was just thinking about that myself. I think I am going to keep to mice myself but have threatened my other half with feeding rats to Eddie. It doesn't go down well as he loves them and has two fancy rats himself.

mwahahaha *evil laugh*

Brookestar Posted - 19/09/2009 : 15:18:01
mice or erm ... mice

others are poor for a snakes diet
HannahB Posted - 19/09/2009 : 14:16:22
mice are the best thing for corns - rats contain a high amount of fat and so arent good for long term use and chicks arent very good either.. i think someone on here was having issues with their snake and pooping cause it had been on chicks long term
eeji Posted - 19/09/2009 : 13:55:52
mice! :D
Remmy Posted - 19/09/2009 : 13:49:50
Rat pups are ok as a treat but too fatty to feed all the time, chicks can also be offered but nutritionally they're deficient and so not suitable for a staple diet. Best to stay on mice

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000