The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 A calm Bella - WTF?!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
inkiepixie Posted - 14/09/2009 : 14:39:45
We got Luna out for the first time yesterday and it went well, for the most part: a bit skittish and zippy at first but she settled down quite quickly. After we'd played with Luna we got Bellatrix out for her daily slither, which is usually a mad dash all over the bed trying to get away from us for about 10 minutes. She's not the calmest snake in the world...

...until yesterday. She wiggled a bit coming out of the viv but when we got her on the bed she was completely calm, not a hint of frantic zooms like she normally does. She moved very slowly over our hands and was tasting us constantly.

Now, could she have been scenting Luna on our hands? Should we have washed our hands between snakes? Or was she just a bit sleepy?! We did have her out earlier in the day then normal, but she was awake when we got her out (had been trying to see what we were up to with Luna!)
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
inkiepixie Posted - 21/09/2009 : 10:51:01
Seems like Hannah is right: we got Bella out yesterday for a play without handling Luna first and she was as calm as before. It's lovely to just have her sititng in your hands without trying to get away :) My snake loves me!!

(Yes, I know she doesn't really but it's nice to anthropomorphise now and again )
hiper2009 Posted - 15/09/2009 : 17:15:07
I always use Hand Hygiene Gel before and after i handle Romeo
Flatpack63 Posted - 15/09/2009 : 17:06:17
I agree with Kellog.
I always wash my hands before handling my snakes and when one goes back home, I wash again before getting the other one out, then again afterwards.
I'm sure they are both fit and well, but I just dont want to take any chances of cross contamination between them.
Kellog Posted - 14/09/2009 : 22:38:08
Think she was certainly smelling Luna on you (you definitely should wash hands between handling snakes) but doubt that would explain why she was so calm. Maybe HannahB is right...she has just settled down enough to feel safe and no threat from you. xxx
HannahB Posted - 14/09/2009 : 19:34:18
sounds like what my mont was like..he was super speedy and didnt want to be near me but then he suddenly calmed down and doesnt seem so eager to get away from me now.. maybe she has finally realised that you are no threat to her when being handled?
meggi Posted - 14/09/2009 : 17:30:23
well , how klose was it to feeding time??? If it was in the next couple of days it might have just been he was hungry. If not , have you changed your`e pattern of getting him out? +when you next get him out is he like that again ? Some days snakes just dont wanna be messed with!!

gud luk meg

http://yfrog.com/7h10016972j

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000