The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 A*W*O*L

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Tizzy Posted - 12/09/2009 : 17:49:35

Gutted, Daisy was in a bit of a bad way anyway, she'd taken a scale off her nose trying to get out and had a really bad shed a couple of weeks ago. We had no idea what was up with her 'till i went to clean the viv a few days ago and found 8 dried up eggs and Daisy missing .

She's double clutched and to make it even worse we're midway through a kitchen refit and the house is mayhem. Traps are down (only getting attention fron the cat) and i tried flour but the dogs ate it then chucked up We've looked everywhere high and low at least twice so i'm feeling pretty helpless now. Hope she turns up soon just as she's really gonna need feeding up.

And to make it worse the day we discovered her missing a Mum in the school playground asked my OH to identify a dead half eaten Amel yearling she'd found in her garden as she wanted to be sure it was nothing dangerous
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 13/10/2009 : 02:44:05
Glad she seems to be doing well. Will be interested to see how she sheds. Are you increasing humidity in viv to help her with shed? Think she needs all the help she can get. xxx
Dazzetski Posted - 12/10/2009 : 22:43:46
Brilliant news for you & Daisy, I'd be heart broken if that happened with any of mine, how did her first clutch get on?
n/a Posted - 12/10/2009 : 20:18:15
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

Just a quick update - Daisy is doing really well, no probs with her meal and she has now gone blue (explains the eyes) gonna wait till she's shed the get her looked over if i'm still worried.

Excellent -- thanks for the update!

Tizzy Posted - 12/10/2009 : 19:08:32
Just a quick update - Daisy is doing really well, no probs with her meal and she has now gone blue (explains the eyes) gonna wait till she's shed the get her looked over if i'm still worried.
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 13:21:41
wow so so happy you found her! would deffo pack her off to the vets for a general check-up. even if it is just to put your mind at ease!
Jono2411 Posted - 09/10/2009 : 09:42:43
although you probably know a lot more than me (and most of us) about snakes im going to suggest taking her to the vets, its always better to be safe than sorry imo... so glad to heaar you found her!
Tizzy Posted - 08/10/2009 : 21:46:08
Thank you for the nice comments guys and all your crossed fingers while she was missing. I have been dropping in briefly on the forum but i've also gone and got one of those 'orrible job things and i start a stupid o'clock in the morning so not really had time to catch up properly for a while.

I am super chuffed to have her back, Once she had warmed up she was super active so i soaked the bad shed off her face (around the dodgy scale on her nose which is healing well) and gave her some grub. Decided to go for a snack size meal first she had a fuzzy then a small (usually on large to XL mice) which she nom-nomed and with ease however i am slightly worried about her sight.

Daisey is a lazy and very slow eater at the best of times but always strikes at her food and i almost had to rub the food on her nose this time. She also has a faint orangey ring round the edge of her eyes - i was thinkg maybe retained eyecaps?? should i wait to see what happens with her next shed or get her up to the vets for a check over?

I was also planning to try a feed her up a bit, what do you think guys feeding mice more often or put her on rat pups to get some fat back in her??

All advice greatfully recieved, and thanks again for the support i'll get some new pics of her up soon.
n/a Posted - 06/10/2009 : 05:10:25
Congrats Tizzy so happy you have her back.
Kellog Posted - 05/10/2009 : 22:22:19
That is fantastic news Tizzy. Cant believe she has been missing 23 days and just turns up in your OHs paperwork! Glad she is ok, especially considering she wasnt in the best of health when she escaped. Am sure all the love you give her now will soon have her back to good health. Always have faith, Daisy proves it!!! xxx
inkiepixie Posted - 05/10/2009 : 21:41:11
Hooray!
lee2308 Posted - 05/10/2009 : 20:26:47
great news,have you been checking your emails?
HannahB Posted - 05/10/2009 : 20:12:20
am so relieved you found her
wont be long before shes back to full health..bless her

where abouts was she anyway??
n/a Posted - 05/10/2009 : 19:12:56
That's brillient that you've found her!!

She'll be alright and so will you, sorry you had to go through such an experience! Now it's all going to be good.
kizzig Posted - 05/10/2009 : 18:29:40
Great news! Glad Daisy finally turned up! We bet she'll be back to her old self in no time!
Flatpack63 Posted - 05/10/2009 : 18:23:12
Thats brilliant news Tizzy. So glad Daisy is back. A bit of TLC from you should soon have her well again.
lucifer Posted - 05/10/2009 : 18:06:59
Gratz on finding her Tizzy, bet your so relieved
Remmy Posted - 05/10/2009 : 18:02:31
Congrats on finding her Tizzy great news
Mnementh Posted - 05/10/2009 : 17:46:38
Thats great news , bet you are both chuffed :)
n/a Posted - 05/10/2009 : 17:29:05
awww so glad shes back where she been hiding all this time? wont be long before she regains her health, they always turn up just as u least expect them.
Bilbo Posted - 05/10/2009 : 17:11:57
top news very happy for you both...

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000