The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Oh no!! Disaster with my chicken!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
SexyBear77 Posted - 09/09/2009 : 10:19:53
those of you who read my post regarding trying to hatch some chicken eggs with the help of my beautiful Barnevelder chicken, Lucky, will know that things weren't going too well.

well now they have got much much much worse

Lucky somehow managed to get wedged behind the nesting crate for who knows how long, and now she cant walk I think either her back or leg might be broken, which is super bad news for her. atm she is propped with a rolled up towel on either side of her to support her body, and she is eating really well, just cant figure out whats wrong with her!

off to the vets now too see what can be done, but I cant afford to get her the best of care, other than what I can offer...

and I feel totally responsible because it was me that decided to get the eggs.

anyway- GOOD LUCK LUCKY!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Brookestar Posted - 17/09/2009 : 19:09:14
glad she sorted out SB
meggi Posted - 17/09/2009 : 18:37:08
ye , well done sexybear , o and just one question , my girlies couldn`t be even more STUPID!!!! is that just our girlies or are all chooks like this????

all maa luv megxx

http://yfrog.com/6910016972j
Kellog Posted - 17/09/2009 : 00:18:12
Not silly SB, you just care for your pets and you went through so much with her - I can just imagine your emotion at seeing her out with the others doing what normal healthy chickens do! xxxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 16/09/2009 : 20:22:21
Lucky has made a miraculous recovery!!! she is out with the rest of the girls now, strolling about fine tho still with a limp!

I was so happy when I saw her I nearly cried lol!! silly me
SexyBear77 Posted - 15/09/2009 : 10:09:03
thanks kellog x
Kellog Posted - 14/09/2009 : 22:31:25
quote:
Originally posted by SexyBear77

yeah she is making a good recovery! she now stands for minutes at a time, and was well enough to have a go at stretching her legs on the lawn with all the other girls for a while- she has been walking a couple of yards each time! I think she may always have a limp with the left leg that was injured, but atm her quality of life doesnt seem to be affected at all, so all good.

it is a massive relief for me as I was feeling awful about it...

So glad she is managing to walk and she will adapt to having a limp with no problem - I had a ****atiel who lost a leg yet still managed to balance on a perch and hop around with a good quality of life.

You mustnt feel awful about it, it was an accident and there was nothing you could have done to stop it - you couldnt have forseen it happening - SO STOP BEATING YOURSELF UP ABOUT IT!
SexyBear77 Posted - 14/09/2009 : 20:43:53
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

quote:

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

Can we eat it :P as she not so lucky no more

You guys are giving the forum a bad name - feeding kittens to snakes, unnecessarily killing a chicken who is recovering just so you can eat it!!!

Glad Lucky is on the mend SB, you really have had it rough recently. xxxx

true true! bad things come in threes tho, so there must be one more on the way!

and NO-ONE will be killing Lucky! even if I have to sit outside her coop all night armed with a torch and a baseball bat

You were right SB, the third has happened and it is hiper again! He really is a little ! His most recent comment is 'i know i think you should feed that puppy to a python'! Talk about a warped mind! xxx

yeah, dont get me started. some things are fine as jokes but some go a little too far. I'm vege so dont find that humour too amusing
PunkAsF82 Posted - 14/09/2009 : 17:40:50
well thast good :) i spose you'll always want to keep an eye out for crooked toes but otherwise sounds hopeful!
n/a Posted - 14/09/2009 : 11:03:08
Good to see Lucky is getting better, I had to take one of my girls to the vets on Saturday, they said she has a systematic infection :o( after a shot of antibiotics and antibiotics twice a day since Saturday, she has perked up :o)

SexyBear77 Posted - 14/09/2009 : 10:23:03
yeah she is making a good recovery! she now stands for minutes at a time, and was well enough to have a go at stretching her legs on the lawn with all the other girls for a while- she has been walking a couple of yards each time! I think she may always have a limp with the left leg that was injured, but atm her quality of life doesnt seem to be affected at all, so all good.

it is a massive relief for me as I was feeling awful about it...
n/a Posted - 13/09/2009 : 22:34:13
SB, glad to see Lucky is getting luckier by the day!
PunkAsF82 Posted - 13/09/2009 : 17:41:58
she any better? Rhondas finally un broody! took her long enough :P
KITTYCAT Posted - 13/09/2009 : 16:57:05
hope she picks up. my dad says that diesel the hatchling is nothing by a worm n to give it to the gulls.he wanted me to flush it down the loo when it was an egg.Yet he is a bit of an animal lover just not reptiles
Kellog Posted - 13/09/2009 : 03:04:59
quote:

quote:

quote:

You guys are giving the forum a bad name - feeding kittens to snakes, unnecessarily killing a chicken who is recovering just so you can eat it!!!

and NO-ONE will be killing Lucky! even if I have to sit outside her coop all night armed with a torch and a baseball bat

You were right SB, the third has happened and it is hiper again! He really is a little ! His most recent comment is 'i know i think you should feed that puppy to a python'! Talk about a warped mind! xxx
SexyBear77 Posted - 11/09/2009 : 23:18:01
quote:

quote:

Kellog Posted - 11/09/2009 : 21:42:05
quote:

BlueTongueDan Posted - 11/09/2009 : 13:07:21
Glad to hear shes improving, SB.
Hope shes back to her normal self soon!
SexyBear77 Posted - 11/09/2009 : 13:02:50
mmmmmm they love the chicken porridge! also, you can add mashed apple and chopped boiled egg to stave off colds, and a bit of apple cider vinegar or garlic in the water helps.

Lucky seems to be doing alright, she has regained the strength to stand, albeit with a lot of wobbling and the occasional splat onto her face. today she managed to walk about 3 steps before falling down again, but it is a huge improvement. she is eating like a pig, and has some grapes and sultanas before bed (spoilt!) before settling into her lovely bed for the evening.

this morning she was strong enough to move back into the kennel where she was living, and has managed to get from the food to her crate and back again, so all is going ok.

however, mum and dad are quite keen to have her out down this weekend if she doesnt start walking normally whereas I am keen to leave it a bit longer, as there is definitely a daily improvement.
PunkAsF82 Posted - 10/09/2009 : 22:48:01
i've decided to make the chicken porridge for my lot and warm it sligthly for the cold morning's we're geting. gonna add oats as well so its similar to pig mash
Flatpack63 Posted - 10/09/2009 : 21:18:32
quote:

ouch! *clutches buttocks in sympathy*

(a feather cushion with a rolled up towel on either side)

I hope they are not chicken feathers !!!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000