The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Claiming DLA or AA

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
lee2308 Posted - 04/09/2009 : 20:20:05
If any of you or you know anyone who claims this they might want to look at this.The goverment are planning on axing payments to claiments and giving the money to social services instead,but have forgot to mention this to claimants. http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/disability-living-allowance-(dla)/dla-aa-cuts
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
n/a Posted - 21/09/2009 : 08:34:20
It's hard Misspiggy,I do genuinely feel for you............not just misspiggy but everyone who has some sort of medical condition and who is a carer as well because the government doesn't look after us properly at all, the would prefer to look after the immigrants, feed them, clothe them house them............even give them transport (I'm not being racist.........and I hope I don't come across as racist), but it annoys me how people come over here from other countries and the government put them 1st over their "OWN" people...........after all we are the ones putting money into this country not them. Britain needs to become like Australia when people want to come and live over here.
n/a Posted - 21/09/2009 : 00:53:13
Hi folks,
Im a carer too, my youngest has bladder probs and renal failure, He was born with it, he's not on dialysis yet but its only a matter of time. Like someone else said I cant work in the hols as I couldnt get childcare who can (or who Id trust) to catheterise him, I too can empathise with the immunity issues, T catches every bug going because his body flushes out all the bugs us "normal" bodies take in and process...different reaction but a similar outcome.
Kellog Posted - 20/09/2009 : 05:12:01
You havent rattled on Mnementh, you have just answered a personal question that I asked. I cannot even begin to put myself in your position. I have to take pain killers etc everyday and have done for 20 years and will have to for I dont know how much longer. My son is insulin dependent and at the moment is injecting himself upto 6 times a day because his blood sugar is so high, so I guess part of me can empathise with having to take medication for the rest of her life, but it does just become a part of your normal life and that is how you have to view it. It must be hard not to worry constantly about her catching colds etc, which is so common with kids that you cant protect them from it - you cannot wrap your kids up in cotton wool no matter how much you would like to. You and your whole family is in my thoughts, heart and prayers. xxx
n/a Posted - 19/09/2009 : 21:21:07
If you ever do need to talk I can be a shoulder for you hun :o) Just email me x
Mnementh Posted - 19/09/2009 : 16:32:10
Thankyou , that's very kind of you , and yeah sometimes it does help to talk :)
n/a Posted - 19/09/2009 : 16:02:19
You haven't rattled on at all Mnementh, its good to talk about these things sometimes. From the sounds of it your children are well loved and cared for and the strength from that love will get them through it............sorry not very good at these things but I do wish u and ur family all my love and best wishes x x
Mnementh Posted - 19/09/2009 : 15:55:03
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

Mnementh, I am so sorry to hear about your daughters. It must have been such a shock to discover that they were ill and that you were too. By the looks of the pic of one of your twins with Ramasese she looks lovely and healthy - you would never know she was ill. Like I used to be - it used to be that you looked at me and I looked normal, now I just look old and tired all the time! I hope you win your battle with your other twin, whatever happens with the DLA. TBH I am still not totally sure what is going on with it as dont have brain power to read all the info on it, all I know is that I am probably loosing it - not good news. Is it ok if I pray for you and your girls Mnementh?? xxx

Yeah looks can be decieving , the twin in the photo is the next for the op , she has no problem with gallstones so at least does'nt suffer the pain , if you see her closely you will see she is jaundiced very slightly , the gallstones causes them to get very ill , lots of pain and massive jaundicing . Their red blood cells are the wrong shape so the spleen is constantly breaking them down , which in turn leads them to become anaemic . So much so that that her twin had 3 blood transfusions before christmas last year . In the end despite our best efforts we were forced to say okay its time for the op .
It's not something which you can take lightly , she is now on antibiotics everyday for the rest of her life , so now we are in the unenviable position where we have to decide on the other twin .

I could show you photographs of them side by side before the op , you would think I photoshopped them , most people do , but if you saw them in the flesh you would understand . To get some idea , look at a banana , she would be that colour all over , including lips , gums and the whites of her eyes , this can last weeks .

I'll dig out a photo and email you one , very weird to see .

But now after the op she is the pinkest of all of us , we all look ill compared :) it's just the antibiotics , and if she gets so much as a temperature she has to go to hospital , so we are always on edge when she plays out , even going to school , the things she can pick up however slight can cause complications , but look at her and she looks completely normal and healthy .

Oh I seemed to have rattled on , excuse me .
n/a Posted - 19/09/2009 : 15:25:49
quote:
Originally posted by scorpioleah

Its really bad though, people rely on dla if they are unable to work, what are they expected to live on, its so silly

That's the government for you.............I cant't work due to the fact I am a carer for my son. Can work while hes in school but I dont think an employer would like me to take 6 weeks holiday in the summer.......tried all sorts of child care, he will attend a few times then they will turn round and say they cant cater for him as he is a health and saftey risk..........can become very aggressive and violent. So I have to live on pittance as well :o(
n/a Posted - 19/09/2009 : 14:55:01
i will let my nan know about this, she gets dla, she had a bad fall years ago she ended up having a hip replacement in her 40s and shes been very ill ever since. Its really bad though, people rely on dla if they are unable to work, what are they expected to live on, its so silly
Kellog Posted - 19/09/2009 : 03:46:12
Mnementh, I am so sorry to hear about your daughters. It must have been such a shock to discover that they were ill and that you were too. By the looks of the pic of one of your twins with Ramasese she looks lovely and healthy - you would never know she was ill. Like I used to be - it used to be that you looked at me and I looked normal, now I just look old and tired all the time! I hope you win your battle with your other twin, whatever happens with the DLA. TBH I am still not totally sure what is going on with it as dont have brain power to read all the info on it, all I know is that I am probably loosing it - not good news. Is it ok if I pray for you and your girls Mnementh?? xxx
n/a Posted - 19/09/2009 : 02:49:51
quote:
Originally posted by Mnementh

The link has disappeared , anyone know where to find it or point in the right direction , cheers .

http://tinyurl.com/lavbqa
Mnementh Posted - 19/09/2009 : 01:00:52
The link has disappeared , anyone know where to find it or point in the right direction , cheers .

I get it for one of my daughters atm , fighting a lost cause atm for my other daughter . They all have a blood disease which has meant one of my 9 yo daughters had her spleen and gall bladder removed this year , they are looking at doing the same for her twin . My 15 yo has the option herself when she is older to have the same done and my oldest has it like me , barely noticable . I grew up with it not knowing and managed to pass it on to all 4 daughters , 3 to the extreme .
So would be interested to read the article .

Thanks .
n/a Posted - 18/09/2009 : 23:34:52
arrrrrrrrgggggghhhhhhhhh What a nightmare, my little lad gets DLA for his Autism and ADHD
Kellog Posted - 04/09/2009 : 23:06:25
It is all so unfair. I had to fight so hard to get my benefits cos on the outside I look ok so everyone assumes I am not ill, and it is a case of 'well you may be a bit tired and in a bit of pain but that shouldnt stop you working'! If I had the energy I would have throttled them! Luckily I have a very supportive GP and consultant who fought my battle for me and I eventually got it. But then you hear of others, like your neighbours broken finger, who get it no problem and dont really deserve it or need it. I dont have the strength or energy to fight anymore and all this is doing is adding even more stress to an already stressful financial situation. And I am supposed to avoid stress!!! xxx
BlueTongueDan Posted - 04/09/2009 : 22:56:36
quote:
Originally posted by Kehhlyr
Things like this wind me up so much, so I might have to refrain from posting much in this thread.

Im with you there, Kehhlyr.
What I found out recently about the DLA and someone I know has really wound me up.
Kehhlyr Posted - 04/09/2009 : 22:02:42
Same with us here Kellog.
We had enough problems a few months back when we didn't sign 1 section of the renewal form.
Apparently having severe Spondylitus, Chrohns and recently being diagnosed with diabetes and ulcerated corneas still means you are perfectly fit and able to drive and work.

Yet one of the people who have just moved upstairs from me, broke their finger, and are now getting FULL mobility and Care through DLA.

The way this country is run is absolutely pants, and in some ways seems more like a dictatorship than a democracy, when was the last time that we (the people) we actually given a choice as opposed to being told what's gonna happen.

Things like this wind me up so much, so I might have to refrain from posting much in this thread.
Kellog Posted - 04/09/2009 : 20:26:07
I get it and have heard about it through my support group, not through the Benefits Services. Havent read the green paper proposed (too much for me to read) but have signed petition against it. Dont know how I would cope financially without my DLA. xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000