The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Help with snake's going out side

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
hiper2009 Posted - 17/07/2009 : 12:24:34
Hey all i am getting my 1st snow corn snake on tuesday he is around 2 or 3 ft and after i have let him settle down in his vivarium for a week and he has got used to the surroundings, is it ok for him to go to the park with me or can he not go out in to the cold for like 30mins ?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
hiper2009 Posted - 18/07/2009 : 16:32:14
quote:
Originally posted by Chimp276

Yeah paper will be fine, any shredded paper, even news paper is fine!
And its not really about lying straight its just room to move around and get exercise lol!

Good luck with ur snakey!!

But i got told newspaper is bad due to the ink or is this not true ?
and how can it move around in the viv if i put to many hides and branches and fake vines will it be happy if i packed his viv up with things?
Chimp276 Posted - 18/07/2009 : 15:37:28
Yeah paper will be fine, any shredded paper, even news paper is fine!
And its not really about lying straight its just room to move around and get exercise lol!

Good luck with ur snakey!!
hiper2009 Posted - 18/07/2009 : 13:59:23
quote:
Originally posted by sexychef

if you can pack it out a bit more. in my viv's (sizes above) i have 3-4 hides, branches, twisty repti vines, lots of fake vines, water bowl and a few loo/kitchen roll tubes

But then he wont have space to ly stright will he ? So if i do this im going to use aspen stuff and then one large water bowl , 3 Hides , a couple of branches , a few kitchen roll tubes , and a few fake plants and whats a twisty repti vine ? ?

Also i was told from a friend that if like i run out of aspen snake bedding and i dont have enough time to get more i could use shreadded paper as i have a shreader and ill just shread loads of A4 white paper i want to confirm if this is safe to be used as bedding ?
sexychef Posted - 18/07/2009 : 12:56:02
if you can pack it out a bit more. in my viv's (sizes above) i have 3-4 hides, branches, twisty repti vines, lots of fake vines, water bowl and a few loo/kitchen roll tubes
hiper2009 Posted - 18/07/2009 : 12:50:18
I have a 3.5ft wooden viv with sliding glass doors rdy for him when i collect him from the reptile shop on tuesday he will love the new big space and the new two caves and his own climbing branch with his nice hot place to relax.
sexychef Posted - 18/07/2009 : 01:01:53
glad you have brought him then he needs a bigger viv/tub than that.
my 07's are in 2'6"x1'6" vivs
hiper2009 Posted - 18/07/2009 : 00:58:10
quote:
Originally posted by sexychef

an 07 in a tub. what sort of tub is it a cricket tub a luch box?

Like a lunch box that can fit about 3 sandwiches i think.
sexychef Posted - 18/07/2009 : 00:08:02
an 07 in a tub. what sort of tub is it a cricket tub a luch box?
hiper2009 Posted - 18/07/2009 : 00:05:30
quote:
Originally posted by matty18714

You wont be able to guess the age very accuratly given the length (especialy when you say somewhere between 2 and 4'! )

They all grow at their own rate. The legth of time they spend in the shop is a factor also.

Oh right but i need to collect him on tuesday i have his viv all set up, In the box that they keep him in says Snow Corn , £55 , CB07.
And he is quite big. You know when i bring him home do i put him stright in to the viv or can i handle him for a little while or must i put him in the viv for 7days so he settle's down as he has been in a little plastic box in the shop gosh i hope he has not been in that little plastic box for 2years as that is very unfair for the snake.
lee2308 Posted - 17/07/2009 : 22:29:50
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

i personly would'nt take it out in public as you will draw alot of attenion and some of it might be negative

Why would it draw negative attenion is it illigal to take them out in public if its like over 2ft long or ppl will think its venomous haha

not everyone shares our love for snakes,and some may find you a bit strange to be carrying a snake round with you And i would think it would cause stress to snakie
matty18714 Posted - 17/07/2009 : 20:50:55
You wont be able to guess the age very accuratly given the length (especialy when you say somewhere between 2 and 4'! )

They all grow at their own rate. The legth of time they spend in the shop is a factor also.
hiper2009 Posted - 17/07/2009 : 19:36:07
SO how long should mine be as its 2 yrs old but im not sure if it is 2ft as it looks alot bigger then 2ft im thinking maybe 3ft or even 4ft. what would you say on the age. And when is it classified as an adult snake ? and he eats a white mouse its not a pinkiy or fuzzie or hopper its a ful grown mouse.
n/a Posted - 17/07/2009 : 18:58:13
Lol Gunchester? media hype mate, your more likely to get knocked of in any major city in europe than you are here!
Cash is about 3 years old and a tad over 5ft long, eats small rats and is really placid and easy to handle.
hiper2009 Posted - 17/07/2009 : 17:33:52
quote:
Originally posted by widey

I have Cash out on the deck when its nice and sunny. He seems to enjoy sunning himself around my neck or sat on the patio table. I guess its personal preference. I wouldn't be inclined to take him out in public, much to stressfull i'd have thought (for the snake!)...I live in Madchester.

Dont you mean GunChester ! LoL and i noticed you have a snow corn may i ask how old it is and how big he/she is ?
n/a Posted - 17/07/2009 : 16:59:09
I have Cash out on the deck when its nice and sunny. He seems to enjoy sunning himself around my neck or sat on the patio table. I guess its personal preference. I wouldn't be inclined to take him out in public, much to stressfull i'd have thought (for the snake!)...I live in Madchester.
n/a Posted - 17/07/2009 : 16:54:28
I wouldn't let GB go on the grass, nasty bugs lurk there, esp Leptospirosis, found in rat urine. Pretty sure that would finish a snake off. He will find plenty to do in your home, and as they are from the arid desert regions, grass wouldn't be something they would miss. As for other peoples reactions, a fiend of mine has said the nearest she will come in to our home now, is the patio, she'll be cold in winter
sexychef Posted - 17/07/2009 : 16:47:16
quote:
Originally posted by hiper2009

quote:
Originally posted by lucifer

He will be happy just moving around your hands and arms in the garden with a bit of sun, Lucien just has a stretch on my garden table and chairs and the odd plant when he has a go at escaping

How long can i handle him for out of the vivarium but inside the house where it will still be mildly warm and when handling him he will get my body heat right ?

10-15mins a day, and once fed leave for 48 hours before you handle again.

i wouldnt put my snakes down on grass land as cat wee can cause illness.
hiper2009 Posted - 17/07/2009 : 16:18:06
Also i want to ask - When i pick him up like if he is sleeping in the viv in his cave and i want to handle him what do i do is it best to leave him in peace or just move the cave and pick him up and handle him, im not sure what to do as its my first corn snake well its my first snake in general lol.
hiper2009 Posted - 17/07/2009 : 16:17:33
quote:
Originally posted by lucifer

He will be happy just moving around your hands and arms in the garden with a bit of sun, Lucien just has a stretch on my garden table and chairs and the odd plant when he has a go at escaping

How long can i handle him for out of the vivarium but inside the house where it will still be mildly warm and when handling him he will get my body heat right ?
lucifer Posted - 17/07/2009 : 16:10:30

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000