The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 I know this is nothing about snakes!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
devilsmistress Posted - 15/07/2009 : 20:01:13
But Im really excited! In short back in feb me and my partner lost our baby (still born) I have just heard from the hospital and apparently I have Huges syndrome (sticky blood)
This is a break through for me as it means with the right treatment I have an 80% chance of having a baby!
For a while we thought it might have been my Kidneys as I have probs with them and that Id never be able to carry, so out of the darkness has come good news, Im so excited im posting this on all my sites!
18   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
devilsmistress Posted - 18/07/2009 : 17:55:56
Thankyou for your kind words Kellog. I agree about sitting talking to snakes! I do with Bam and I can lay on the bed watching him for hours! My Partners father suffers with ME too, So I see him on his bad days and I sympathise with you.
I shall try and keep you updated with the progress, I have an appointment on 28th august to get me on to diffrent blood pressure tablets, so this will be the first step
Kellog Posted - 18/07/2009 : 15:56:40
Paulasparky - I can understand why you are so excited about your news, especially after all you have suffered, and it is fantastic that now you know what it is, you can be treated and hopefully the end result with be the sound of little paulasparkies!
Flossie - sorry to hear what you have gone through but again, like Paula, you were diagnosed and I hope you go on to have a beautiful baby. My niece had the same thing and it took her many years to finally be diagnosed and treated but the results was a beautiful baby boy a few months ago.
Cherrymilkshake and particularly Brookestar - its so hard when you dont know what is wrong with you, if it can be treated, what the future is. Just getting a diagnosis lifts a burden off your shoulders.
Although I cant begin to understand what its like to struggle to have kids - I have a 16yr old daughter and a 12year old son, I can sympathise with the need for a diagnosis and understanding. I have ME and fibromyalgia, which many people still believe is all in my head. Means I live with 24hr pain and am constantly exhausted. This is why I have commented - the joy I have got since getting our corn (supposedly the family's but I seem to have taken over!)and when he fed for the 1st time since we got him (13 weeks), I havent felt that sort of excitement or so alive in years. I think they are so therputic and although I am constantly teased for talking to him and just sitting there watching him, he has made my pain filled life better for having him in it.
You are all in my prayers (I am a strong christian and I hope thats ok with you) xxx
n/a Posted - 18/07/2009 : 11:32:51
quote:
Originally posted by cherry-milkshake

quote:
Originally posted by flossy

found you I think lol

Yes those are me legs! lol. Added you back hun

ha ha nice shoes!! well feel free to message away when ever I'm usually hanging around online somewhere ( I have 0% of a life at the moment ) lol
cherry-milkshake Posted - 18/07/2009 : 02:41:00
quote:

found you I think lol

Yes those are me legs! lol. Added you back hun
n/a Posted - 16/07/2009 : 23:39:40
found you I think lol
n/a Posted - 16/07/2009 : 23:37:35
quote:

Flossy I'm on facebook - Hannah Horton

I'm off to bed in a sec, but add me when you can - a chat sometime would be great

Quite a few Hannah Horton's have come up lol have you got a pic up?
devilsmistress Posted - 16/07/2009 : 23:36:53
Hope it all works out for you flossy, fingers crossed for you xx
Im so sorry to hear of your loss to chery milkshake. its always a comfort to know your not on your own though! Well I find it is anyway.
cherry-milkshake Posted - 16/07/2009 : 23:36:26
Flossy I'm on facebook - Hannah Horton

I'm off to bed in a sec, but add me when you can - a chat sometime would be great
n/a Posted - 16/07/2009 : 23:24:10
quote:

quote:

quote:
Flossy,so sorry to hear about your baby hun, my heart goes out to you. How did they diagnose your PCOS? I've stopped having periods recently and I'm being sent for a scan at the end of the month, to rule that out I think. I already have two children, but at 27 I'm worried about being told I can't have more. Can they treat it?? xx

well LOL it took them 4 and a half years to finally diagnose me!! after SOOOO many bloody tests, there isn't really any treatment at the moment but they have just put me onto a drug called metformin which has started to be used to control androgen levels and other hormones but the trouble I had to go to, to get them to let me try it was unreal I've been taking it for about 2 months now and I haven't really noticed any difference yet but fingers crossed it will regulate everything

Four years? Well, at least you've finally got them to give you the treatment so hopefully you'll start seeing some positive results soon, fingers crossed for you hun. I'm a bit worried about my scan in case I have it coz I know there can be some pretty nasty side effects, but if it is that then I'll make sure I ask them about metformin. Hope this isn't a personal question, but did they advise you to loose weight? I'm a big gal myself and I've read conflicting things about whether this can be a symptom or a cause of PCOS

trying to loose weight with PCOS has been almost impossible for me it's sooooo hard because your hormones are all over the place tried EVERYTHING and it hasn't helped,are you on facebook or msn messenger? cuz I can message you and vice versa and then I/we can talk in depth about it if you want to lol
cherry-milkshake Posted - 16/07/2009 : 22:51:31
quote:

quote:
Flossy,so sorry to hear about your baby hun, my heart goes out to you. How did they diagnose your PCOS? I've stopped having periods recently and I'm being sent for a scan at the end of the month, to rule that out I think. I already have two children, but at 27 I'm worried about being told I can't have more. Can they treat it?? xx

well LOL it took them 4 and a half years to finally diagnose me!! after SOOOO many bloody tests, there isn't really any treatment at the moment but they have just put me onto a drug called metformin which has started to be used to control androgen levels and other hormones but the trouble I had to go to, to get them to let me try it was unreal I've been taking it for about 2 months now and I haven't really noticed any difference yet but fingers crossed it will regulate everything

Four years? Well, at least you've finally got them to give you the treatment so hopefully you'll start seeing some positive results soon, fingers crossed for you hun. I'm a bit worried about my scan in case I have it coz I know there can be some pretty nasty side effects, but if it is that then I'll make sure I ask them about metformin. Hope this isn't a personal question, but did they advise you to loose weight? I'm a big gal myself and I've read conflicting things about whether this can be a symptom or a cause of PCOS
hillzi Posted - 16/07/2009 : 22:12:26
Sorry about your loss paulasparky; but 80% is a good chance, worth taking?

Good luck
n/a Posted - 16/07/2009 : 19:24:15
quote:

cherry-milkshake Posted - 16/07/2009 : 00:11:09
Sorry to hear what you've been through, but that's great news Paula . I lost a baby at three months so I know what it's like - great to hear you've got a chance at having a healthy baby now - wishing you all the luck in the world, and I take it Mr Paulasparky will be worn out for the next few months, although I'm sure he'll not complain lol.

devilsmistress Posted - 15/07/2009 : 22:32:54
Oh Im so sorry to hear that, *hugs*
Brookestar Posted - 15/07/2009 : 22:29:55
no idea what it is so not really
devilsmistress Posted - 15/07/2009 : 20:51:55
Thanks! I told myself not to get to excited, but I cant help it!
Im really sorry to hear about your heart Brookestar, is there no treatments they can offer?
n/a Posted - 15/07/2009 : 20:42:20
that's great news I know how you feel I have been through the same I suffer with PCOS and lost a baby earlier this year,but 80% WOW I'm sure with all the treatments and procedures they have now you will have a healthy baby congrats again
Brookestar Posted - 15/07/2009 : 20:08:22
im glad you have a chance to bring new life to your family.
i have a heart problem and went for a test the other day and found out it was actually my heart and i broke down. mum couldnt understand why i was upset and its becoz i still dont know what it is so i can still collapse at any time. it helps so much when you know what it is and get the right treatment.

lets stop about me know ... good luck and hope you and your OH fulfil your desire for a baby.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000