The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Hobbies

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
n/a Posted - 01/07/2009 : 23:52:51
What u do when ur not Tending to your pets

Me
Caving/Potholing;

Abseiling;

Rc;

Kayaking, Diving and fishing
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
stotty01 Posted - 29/05/2010 : 13:39:22
i have many hobbies :)

bmx,fishing and clay pidgeon shooting :)
n/a Posted - 24/05/2010 : 12:48:09
I'm very jealous of the horse pictures. I'd love to have the space and money for a horse and to go riding.

My spare time is mostly taken up with four kids, the house full of pets and studying for an English literature degree but as I love to read, it feels like a hobby too. I used to breed rabbits as a bit of a hobby but haven't done that for a while now. To be honest, the Open Uni has taken over my life! :-O
Kellog Posted - 22/05/2010 : 05:17:33
It is lovely seeing the pics of you riding Rach....and to hear how many of us are horse-lovers.

I guess for me it is a case of hobbies I would love to do if I could - and that would be horse riding at the top of the list! My OH has promised to buy me a horse when I get well so I certainly have incentive and plan to hold him to that promise !

I would love to walk, anything to do with wildlife and nature, photography.

Always used to have my head in a book, carried one with me always....was known for it. Now I struggle to read which is frustrating.

So....I guess you guys and your snakes are my hobbies ....and my snakes and dog of course! All other energy goes on looking after 2 kids and an OH!

xxx
Lilpunk Posted - 20/05/2010 : 17:30:30
Thankyou SB Really good to hear from personal experience. I'd heard of Hartpury - looked at the site a while back and it looks very good. I have been thinking about it lately - and I suppose the best way to be able to afford a horse (and a car ) is to have a well-payed job. I guess it's journalism of some sort then x)
Mouse Posted - 20/05/2010 : 12:31:07
I do archery, Singing (well all music and arts in general), woodwork, metalwork, arts n crafts, eating chocolate, swimming (when I get the chance), tech support for friends n family, Films, etcetc :D
LittleMick Posted - 17/05/2010 : 19:12:50
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple
Yes that one was n Zbrush :) I haven't done anything since... the macros don't work on my version of zbrush so I had to guess at most of that tut and the ones on the Zbrush website are terrible. I'm hoping to get a good mudbox book soon and hopefully learn that. The rest was made in Maya and I've been learning that now for 7 months.

I would love to see your gothic art :) and that's some awesome work there. I wish our uni had lectures that knew Max instead of Maya.

Do you have a deviant art by any chance?

A deviant art? That ain't something to do the website deviantart.com or some such name? I have visited it years n years ago, but never looked at it in any depth. But I've always beed a drawer, I mainly copied stuff at first, but then got into fantasy art and such, when it comes to drawing reality off the top of my head I seem to always lack detail.
On the 3D side, I think I have used nearly nearly all the high end packages out there.
When it first hit the public domain I used Imagine 3D on the Amiga 1200, then got it on the PC, then onto Caligari Truespace, then moved on Lightwave 3D (used to make the Star Wars and Star Trek models), then onto Studio Max, used that for years, then gradually got used to Maya, and I don't think anything could touch that these days, just so fluent in it's interface design. I got into Zbrush as well, although I don't like the 2D aspect of it, so I'll be using it for model texturing mainly and possibley detailing. I'll post some of my drawings on your other thread.

Messymoo, that looks great!!
n/a Posted - 17/05/2010 : 14:14:48
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

That's gorgeous! I know how time consuming it is as my mum used to cross stitch but doesn;t have the time for it any more :( I hope you finish it soon :D

I think this will take me at least another 4 yrs but it will be worth it and love every little X on her
Sta~ple Posted - 17/05/2010 : 13:59:12
That's gorgeous! I know how time consuming it is as my mum used to cross stitch but doesn;t have the time for it any more :( I hope you finish it soon :D
n/a Posted - 17/05/2010 : 13:52:04
I don't have much time with 3 kids and a husband and work but when I do I like to do cross stitch. I've added a photo of my latest project which is a piece of artwork by Josephine Wall and it been converted into stitching by a company called Heaven and Earth Designs. In February I had been working on her for 3 years and this picture is my latest and its 38% done now.

crazy JJ Posted - 17/05/2010 : 13:44:34
that does help slightly (4 me anyway) as i have no idea what i want to do with horses (have a while to think now as my knee getting worse) but have worked on racing yards and thats knackering, gettin every other sat p.m and sun of. then i went for eventing but i just didnt like the yard (but would love to try it) but i would love to work on a stud yard :D but i was doin an apprenticeship 4 my nvq2 but had to stop :( did my level one at the northern racing college (which was great) as i dont have any Gcse's there is a liit on what i can do, and as im to stuborn to take them...

but horses are my life... they never let ya down (unless of course they try n buck you of... which is fun) and wouldnt be without them.. :D
SexyBear77 Posted - 17/05/2010 : 11:43:08
quote:
Originally posted by Lilpunk

Pretty horses I broke my first horse... last year I think? He was a darling - had him on loan for a while, but sadly, we couldn't afford to buy him. I do natural horsemanship, and have been for the past 3 and a half years x) Although I've ridden for nine years, I've worked with them for 6 It is deffo going to be a career for me. Any recommendations SB? I wanted to go into Journalism (i.e. horse magazine xD) but I'd also like to teach and break horses (I already teach littles kids at the moment.)

It not just a past-time is it? It's a life The only thing is, my parents don't think I'll earn enough to keep out of dept if I go into horses etc. ... Oh well, I'm still aiming for it anyway!

I went to college at a place called Hartpury in Gloucestershire, and did a National Diploma in Equine Management. Its the equivalent of 3 A-Levels, so enough to get into most uni courses should you decide you want to go to uni for a degree.

After I did the ND I spent a couple of years working on various studs, but the pay was awful, the people were worse and the hours ungodly. Obviously you have to work long hours, thats part of the job, but working 6-7 six days a week was a bit much for £3.70 an hour!

So, I'm now back at uni. Horses are still my passion, but I realised that there was no real future in it for me, in terms of being able to afford a house, car etc etc. I have recently started working for a super lady up here that does Natural, but again, its for minimum wage.

Don't mean to put you off, but you do have to be realistic about what you want to achieve.
Lilpunk Posted - 17/05/2010 : 10:21:09
Pretty horses I broke my first horse... last year I think? He was a darling - had him on loan for a while, but sadly, we couldn't afford to buy him. I do natural horsemanship, and have been for the past 3 and a half years x) Although I've ridden for nine years, I've worked with them for 6 It is deffo going to be a career for me. Any recommendations SB? I wanted to go into Journalism (i.e. horse magazine xD) but I'd also like to teach and break horses (I already teach littles kids at the moment.)

It not just a past-time is it? It's a life The only thing is, my parents don't think I'll earn enough to keep out of dept if I go into horses etc. ... Oh well, I'm still aiming for it anyway!

Tis Alun x) My baby... Who's gone now...

SexyBear77 Posted - 17/05/2010 : 08:51:20
I ride and train horses (its a job aswell as my fave hobby)

crazy JJ Posted - 17/05/2010 : 00:40:43
haha, well i would be very happy to offer her a home... with me ;)
pets 4 defo take up half of my time these days.. which im never going to complain about :D
DannyBrown91 Posted - 17/05/2010 : 00:33:12
quote:
Originally posted by Figs

being a student with 24 pets i dont really do much in the way of hobbies!
i do nothing but watch films in my spare time lol

i was going to say i draw but after seeing sta~ple and everyone elses work i guess i've been downgraded to 'scribbling'

Ahh i do a few doodles myself lol.

Not got quite as many pets but it must be said that playing with sasha takes up most of my time lol.

Its like playing fetch and wrestling with a 6 month old bear.
Figs Posted - 17/05/2010 : 00:09:30
being a student with 24 pets i dont really do much in the way of hobbies!
i do nothing but watch films in my spare time lol

i was going to say i draw but after seeing sta~ple and everyone elses work i guess i've been downgraded to 'scribbling'
eeji Posted - 16/05/2010 : 17:02:43
i used to tinker around with old v-dubs, i've had a bug, a few bay window vans and my pride was a t344 razor edge karmann ghia (which will mean something to the vw geeks ;) )

I've no longer the money or space any longer, my last 'toy' was a '74 vauxhall viva a few years back :)

All I do now really is website stuff - I have my own, I've written sites for a few european corn/boa breeders, and I've just volunteered to sort out a website for the 292 Squadron veterans association which I'm looking forward to doing.
crazy JJ Posted - 16/05/2010 : 15:37:15
quote:
Hobbies? lol well I have maaaany - the main one being horse riding. I would put up some pics, but they are about a year old and a lil' crappy xD Been doing it for nine years though, so not that bad x) Wish we had the money to buy one for ourselves But you know how it is...

i know exactly how ya feel reli not fair... but ive been riding 4 about 9yrs aswell (and working with m for 2yrs) and still waiting for my own horse
n/a Posted - 16/05/2010 : 13:25:28
Everyones so active here ;)
my hobbies are looking after my lovely snakes and careing for my rather active 2 year old who make me feel old and tired before its 3 in the afternoon lmao
i enjoy reading and playing my 360 and i am stuck on darksiders at the mo..grrrr
i am also a live-action role player and i go to events and run arround a field in full leather armour with a bloody big sword and shield, great for working out stress.
i also play warhammer 40k and am collecting an ork army as well as a chaos space marine army but am thinking about getting a blood angels army as well hmmmm yummy

**Death to the false Emperor**
Lilpunk Posted - 16/05/2010 : 10:48:26
Hobbies? lol well I have maaaany - the main one being horse riding. I would put up some pics, but they are about a year old and a lil' crappy xD Been doing it for nine years though, so not that bad x) Wish we had the money to buy one for ourselves But you know how it is...

Others include art studies, photography and snaking!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000