The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 WORK EXPERIANCE!!!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
PunkAsF82 Posted - 28/06/2009 : 19:02:24
A week today till I snake my way to Bristol for a weeks work exeperiace in the exotherms section!!

I am soooo stoked!!! I'll be taking my camera so I'll be getting a lot of pics from places that very few of you will ever be able to go

Jealous much?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kazerella Posted - 12/12/2009 : 22:12:11
I'm jealous Punk!

Is it all over now or have you another week ahead?
n/a Posted - 12/12/2009 : 16:19:39
sounds like you had an amazing week Cat

how did ya get the work epxerience, did you just phone up and ask if you could volunteer?
PunkAsF82 Posted - 12/12/2009 : 13:15:34
oh god yes, im going back next year! just after new years im writing again to ask to go back, they said they could guarantee me a place

And how did I feel?

Swollen feet, more scratches buts and bruises than I've ever had before, and totally and utterly shattered, but so so amazingly fulfilled. I loved it
Dibzy-Time Posted - 12/12/2009 : 12:34:01
sounds like u had a great time.......how do u feel after youve done it. if you could, would u go bk
PunkAsF82 Posted - 12/12/2009 : 07:56:08
quote:
Originally posted by hillzi

Sparsholt? I maybe going there.

Although seeing me daily? think you'd pass on that..

oh bl**dy hell. Could I cope? I dunno....

I spose we'll find out, depending on whether you're hanging from the Red Panda enclosure by the end of the first week
PunkAsF82 Posted - 12/12/2009 : 07:55:21
Well I'd love to do that Kellog.

But open up google maps.
Put in Bristol Zoo...

Then put in Stubbington, Fareham.

Then you'll see why I can't

Stupid geography. But luckily I have the uncle that is the board members lives close by, so I stay with him and it's not too bad
Kellog Posted - 11/12/2009 : 03:55:21
Sounds fantastic Punk, shame they couldnt take you on as a volunteer regularly....they must have seen what a great worker you were and how much you loved it. May be worth asking??

xxx
hillzi Posted - 10/12/2009 : 17:38:13
Sparsholt? I maybe going there.

Although seeing me daily? think you'd pass on that..

PunkAsF82 Posted - 10/12/2009 : 17:22:56
im at fareham college atm but im going to sparsholt.

BTW this work experiance wasn't set up by a college or anything, I did it off my own back :D
n/a Posted - 10/12/2009 : 14:46:35
Sounds great! What college/ uni are you at as ive tryed gettin into zoos for my work experience but its so hard!
BlueTongueDan Posted - 10/07/2009 : 23:23:26
Sounds like you had a great time!
Im so jelous that you got to mess around with monkey tailed skinks and green tree monitors
Shame you couldnt get the skink out, I would like one of those Thanks for trying though
HannahB Posted - 10/07/2009 : 22:30:19
wow sounds like you had a great time!!
look forwards to seeing piccies and hope the wounds heal soon!
PunkAsF82 Posted - 10/07/2009 : 21:59:02
Right! Sorry about no updates, for some reason this particular thread wouldn't let me post!

Day 3 - Cleaned out the giant tortoise enclosure, had a tug of war with Biggie over the hose (he stood on it). Got laughed at by the public lol. Had a shower with them eventually when he decided to move and i had the nozzle on full blast and a massive surge of water came through.
Then washed the windows, cleaned out the chuckwallas, collard lizards and the chameleons whih I also sprayed. Fed the collards and chuckwallas, got repeatedly bitten by a rather mean collard who decided my hand was a cricket. Cleaning, lunch etc

Day 4 - Washed windwos, sorted out tortoise, helped move 3 gorgeous Cuban boas, only to spend 2 hours wedged in their viv cleaning them out lol. 35 degrees might be nice on holiday, but doing a full clean out? Not so nice. Very narrowly missed being tagged by a rouge prehensile tailed skink (I was gonna steal one for you Dan but I got caught ) which was being taken to clinic.
Cleaning, sliced my hand open on a very sharp rock ledge in the chicken frogs viv. Got scratched to hell by a green tree monitor. War scars to follow me thinks

Day 5 LAST DAY - Sprayed chams, spot cleaned collards, chuckwallas, pancake tortoise and spiney tailed egyptian lizard. Fed the amathystine pythons. Stood staring at the amathystine pythons. Fed the dwarf crocs. Cleaned out the whole chicken frog enclusre (another 2 hours wedged between rocks). Helped clean out the tortoise hatchlings (THEY'RE SOOOOO CUTE!!!!!) and then came home

All in all, the swollen feet and battle wounds aside, a very good week! Have my proof certification. and will hopefully be back next year! Pics up soon
n/a Posted - 10/07/2009 : 21:27:34
So what happened on day 3?
nikki77 Posted - 10/07/2009 : 19:47:22
Come on then tell us about day 3 onwards!!!

cherry-milkshake Posted - 07/07/2009 : 22:41:10
Sounds awesome! *is jealous*
PunkAsF82 Posted - 07/07/2009 : 19:04:43
DAY 2!

Firstly washed all the windows in the reptile house, only to have them smothered in grubby little hand prints 2 hours later lol.
Then went and sorted out the giant tortoises, got mobbed by rhino iguanas, and got blackcurent juice sprayed all over me
Helped transfer a (insert name i've forgotton) python to surgery, was getting an absess removed.
Sprayed down the chameleons, clened out 21 RUBS, fed chuckwallas, pancake tortoises etc.
It's such good fun! But my feet are killing me and I keep getting lost on my lunchtime walks

HannahB Posted - 06/07/2009 : 22:01:24
wow sounds like a great time!
more than a bit jealous!
PunkAsF82 Posted - 06/07/2009 : 20:57:27
quote:
Originally posted by Tizzy

quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

congrats,can you get me a free family pass welcome to brizzle too

Special place for me as my grandad designed and build parts of it many moons ago.

Cool, what was his name, I'll ask around

INCREADABLE FIRST DAY!!

First got to clean out and play with the giant tortoise. they are amazing
Then got to clean out really rare turtles, they're so cute!
Sprayed and fed some chameleons, fed some collard lizards and chuckwallas, all displaying, so funny to watch.
Cleaned out the feeding and breeding crickets, had a mini panic attack from a rouge house spider which now lies in powder on the floor
Checked all the temps, sprayed down the tortoises and got my own bunch of keys and the entrance code . They're so nice and are really making me feel at home.

Next update tomorow!
Tizzy Posted - 06/07/2009 : 17:39:35
quote:
Originally posted by lee2308

congrats,can you get me a free family pass welcome to brizzle too

I've got some vouchers you can have if you want them (BOGOF entry and kid goes free with adult type stuff) - no good to me we have an anual membership card, don't think you could really pass for me though....or we could always give you a purple Mohawk and you can try using OH card LMAO.

Enjoy Bristol Zoo, Special place for me as my grandad designed and build parts of it many moons ago.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000