The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 New Viv!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
LadySybil Posted - 02/04/2014 : 13:55:24
Hello all,

Im moving soon so Im looking at buying a viv for Sybil. At the moment I will be putting her faun in it to stop Tat from trying to play with her and then when she is big enough- put her in it.

Ive heard mixed thoughts about makes and designs of vivs so I thought I would get a general consensus on them.

http://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/reptile-supplies/reptile-clearance-1330/clearance-vivariums-1331/vivexotic-repti-stax-compact-vivarium-lge-mussel-45--332983.html

Thats the one I am thinking about getting but of course that may change when I see something else I like lol.
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
LadySybil Posted - 12/04/2014 : 02:46:04
Yeah, I wasn't going to put her in it straight away, I was/am going to put her in still in her faun but it would stop Tat from getting to her and I wouldn't have to shut her in the kitchen when I go out.

Technically the money I got for my birthday from my mum paid for it is it's my birthday present lol
Kellog Posted - 11/04/2014 : 08:12:40
Sounds like a good plan . It will be a lot more hassle moving a fully set-up viv than the faun she's in. It also means she won't have to settle into it twice in a short period of time, if that makes sense. Know you'll be aware of this but when you do set it up remember what amazing escape artists they are .

Xxx
LadySybil Posted - 09/04/2014 : 18:49:25
Sybils new viv has arrived and frig me if it isn't huge and heavy!

Looks a lot bigger than it measures, if that's possible. Maybe they sent me the tardis of vivs!
Havent built it yet and wondering whether I should leave it until I move so the nice removal men can carry it with less chance of something breaking.
Its not like she needs it yet (she looks TINY next to the size of it) and you never know, they might offer to build it for me lol
Red123 Posted - 08/04/2014 : 06:34:04
quote:
Originally posted by LadySybil

Sybil certainly did. I only went out to check out the rep shop and check a few things and yet somehow when I got home I had a baby corn....

lol
LadySybil Posted - 07/04/2014 : 17:55:51
Sybil certainly did. I only went out to check out the rep shop and check a few things and yet somehow when I got home I had a baby corn....
Red123 Posted - 07/04/2014 : 13:43:17
quote:
Originally posted by LadySybil

Ive bought that one just now, my thinking is that it will be a good starter viv out of the faun and if needs be I can get a bigger one while still having a spare should another corn just sort of magically appear in my home lol

Lol, snakes have a habit of just magically appearing don't they
LadySybil Posted - 07/04/2014 : 12:19:05
Ive bought that one just now, my thinking is that it will be a good starter viv out of the faun and if needs be I can get a bigger one while still having a spare should another corn just sort of magically appear in my home lol
Red123 Posted - 07/04/2014 : 06:50:36
It would be suitable but I personally do not like the depth on those vivs. I have had one of a similar depth and found it a squeeze to get hides and large water bowl in, it just looked cramped as the hides almost touched the front and back of the viv. I would personally choose a depth of 2ft. So a 3ft x 2ft or I would go for a 4ft x 2ft if a larger adult corn. Gives you lots of space to play around with and them lots of space to enjoy and climb around.
LadySybil Posted - 02/04/2014 : 14:44:40
Thats a good point about the locks, I thought they were all universal, oops! lol

Do you mean the fittings where the sides join together? If its that then I can use sealant to stop that becoming a major issue and its not like I will be putting her straight into it after its put together.

Choosing a viv is almost as bad as choosing a new place to live lol
SilverWings Posted - 02/04/2014 : 14:39:30
I've got the next size down for my big guys. It's just shy of 3 feet, and seems right, so the bigger one will probably be fine (unless you end up with a monster corn). I fund the vivs easy to put together, and the gap in the glass is really close so it's less likely she'll escape that way. the downside is I've not found a viv lock to fit, I use blue tack to secure my males door since I have no doubt he'd get it open otherwise. Some of the fittings seem a bit dodgy, they like to undo themselves, but not all the way so they haven't collapsed yet lol.
LadySybil Posted - 02/04/2014 : 13:57:11
Forgot to ask in the OP, will a 45inch (just over 3 and a half foot) be suitable for a full grown corn?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000