The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 mouse way to big.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
tk72 Posted - 04/03/2014 : 23:32:16
Stupid mistake at feeding time today. Got mice from p@h and didn't check the bags. Asked for normal size and got jumbos. Gave one to cola and you can guess. She couldnt get the back legs anywhere near going in. Sat with her for about 20mins and no chance. She was moving all over the place and looked a bit stressed so in the end I had to get a pair of scissors and cut the back legs of the mouse. Which was scary as I had to hold her down and cut quite close to her to make sure she could swallow it. Was not something I would recommend anyone to try. Just a bit of a wake up call for me to check the size in the shop and when I get it out of the freezer.
4   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Moppet Posted - 05/03/2014 : 18:28:48
I had to cut the back legs off a jumbo for one of my snakes. I've NEVER seen such a big mouse! It wasn't more than 1.5 times his width but it was close and when he got to the back end he was really struggling so I had to snip the back legs a bit to allow him to get it in.

Frightening stuff.
scottishbluebird Posted - 05/03/2014 : 13:35:02
Glad you got it sorted with out too much stress (for BOTH of you)
Kellog Posted - 05/03/2014 : 09:34:33
That's not good . I'm so glad you were able to intervene and it goes to show that corns will sometimes try to eat something that's too big for them. Was it more than 1.5 times wider than her widest part?

Xxx
SilverWings Posted - 05/03/2014 : 00:20:42
I had to do this once with a chick, gave it to Luna thinking she'd manage just fine cos Diego could and they're pretty much the same size, she got stuck. Had to lop off the back legs, now I make sure I always do o.O It's scary when you think they're stuck, at least you managed to help her out :)

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000