The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 What a few months...how much more!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
herriotfan Posted - 13/02/2014 : 22:43:48
I'm back after having a few bl**dy awful months.

I've had a number of my beloved pets die and I feel like I've been through the mill and back.

Despite all my efforts I've lost....
Tinsel, my leopard gecko.
Pumpkin, the most beautiful ghost bumblebee royal, who I never even got to introduce you all to.
Pickles, a young lemon blast royal, another who didn't get a proper introduction, bless him.
All, but two, of my caramel cornsnake hatchlings, who simply refused to eat regardless of what I tried and regurged assist fed pinkies.
And last but not least...
Daisy-Boo, my dear little guinea-pig, who died suddenly at only two years old.

How much more can a pet owner/lover take?
I guess that's the down side to having more than the 'normal' number of pets. I'm not daft, I know these things happen, despite our best efforts.
I've said my goodbyes and I carry on for my other precious 'babies'

To be correct in my grammer about this.....one will carry on!!

7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Razee Posted - 17/02/2014 : 19:02:14
Sounds really awful - and so many, so close together. RIP all scaly ones, and the furry one, and virtual hugs to you. It feels awful now, but just keep going, it will pass, and you'll always have the memories, and all your other animals to look after...
lupi lou Posted - 17/02/2014 : 18:03:37
I can't even begin to imagine how hard that was losing so many in such a short period. This is the worst bit about having animals but for the pain of saying good bye you have all the years of happiness they bring and the memory's they leave behind.
Sleep well little ones x
Moppet Posted - 14/02/2014 : 19:24:05
So sorry to hear that The price of having any pet is the heartbreak when they pass on (and it can be a high price!) but I think their presence when they're here makes it all worth while
SilverWings Posted - 14/02/2014 : 13:12:29
That's terrible, must be heart breaking, especially to lose nearly a whole clutch :( *hugs*
smart bunny Posted - 14/02/2014 : 09:42:15
Oh no, it does sound like you've had a really bad few months. I'm so sorry for the losses you have suffered.

I'm so glad 2 of the hatchies have decided to eat for you, all the best of luck with them xx
scottishbluebird Posted - 13/02/2014 : 22:54:12
oh no, that's just awful I just lost my cat on Saturday, was a shock, but so many is just tragic xxxx
Redware Posted - 13/02/2014 : 22:54:02
Oh no, that is really tough! So sorry to hear about your losses. It is great to have you back though and big hugs.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000