The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Constant roaming - solved!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Razee Posted - 08/02/2014 : 12:37:33
Some time ago, someone posted on here, saying about their snake constantly roaming, even out of breeding season. I replied to it - as Seb was doing the same, apparently, for no reason.
He has always done it, even with the previous owner.

Well, I think I found why .

I've done his monthly clean out and re arrange of his viv, and decided to give him Twiddlers old, real branch, nice thick, free standing one. That meant I had to take out Seb's artificial wine, as it wouldn't fit anymore.

Since the change, Seb has completely chilled out, and now actually sleeps! He still wakes up and comes and see me, when I change his water, but he's stopped all the attempts to get out or to push vents out.

I also noticed that his viv now smells just like the other two - of aspen. Before, it smelled bit artificial, a bit like a new plastic. Not too strong, but, with a hindsight, I should have guessed.

Funny thing is, the vine itself doesn't smell at all? But, maybe in a small enclosed viv, it does, and he must have hated it. I feel so bad - he's always had that vine in the viv, always smelling it.

He loves his new branch, so much so, his favourite place to sit now is under the branch, on top of his cold hide, with his chin resting on the branch.

One happy Sebastianek now

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 09/02/2014 : 07:46:41
Awww brilliant to hear he has calmed down :)
Mort13 Posted - 08/02/2014 : 20:30:54
Would be interesting to see if he stays so chilled out.
Razee Posted - 08/02/2014 : 18:27:22
It might be just a coincidence - but I don't think it is. The slight smell is gone, an he's been chilled out since :-)
scottishbluebird Posted - 08/02/2014 : 16:36:37
Thats interesting , glad he is chilled
Razee Posted - 08/02/2014 : 12:44:24
Forgot to attach:

And a close up of a happy face :

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000