The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 That side to side jaw movement when they eat...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Moppet Posted - 05/02/2014 : 20:21:22
...hurts like hell when they do it on your finger!!!

Kali tried to EAT me!

To be fair, it was my fault...I cleaned out the geckos before I got her out (but DID use soap and wash thoroughly). Plus she is getting ready to breed so is eating like a mad thing anyway, and I may have had her in her feeding tub so that I could clean out her viv.

She has bitten me many many times in the past, always a feeding response and she normally lets go when she realises I am 1. Not a mouse and 2. Way too big for her to eat.

This time, she happened to grab my finger and rather than letting go, started moving her mouth around to the tip to start eating it! I tried to pull her off and she started coiling around me like I was a mouse and doing that side to side jaw thing. Feels really bizarre and really quite painful on a finger tip as you can feel all the teeth. So I dashed to the bathroom and stuck her head under a tap - she let go pretty quick then!

So what I'm thinking right now isn't 'well, I shouldn't have done that' it is 'I should have got a photograph of it for the forum!'
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Moppet Posted - 06/02/2014 : 21:59:34
Haha, no thanks! It was quite unpleasant the first time. Although, knowing Kali it probably will happen again at some point *sigh*

I love that picture SBB Although it looks more like my olive housie than a corn
scottishbluebird Posted - 06/02/2014 : 21:20:56
We need proof, do it again!!
Moppet Posted - 06/02/2014 : 18:00:38
Haha, KNEW I should have gotten a photo! After she'd been persuaded to let go and dumped back into her viv, OH said that he was pleasantly surprised that I didn't stop to take a photo first. My reaction wasn't what he expected apparently I'm kicking myself for failing to get a photo. Next time...
lupi lou Posted - 06/02/2014 : 13:46:37
ok I did kinda laugh a little bit! But no pics so it didn't happen :-P
scottishbluebird Posted - 05/02/2014 : 21:30:01
LMAO shame on you, you know the rule!!!!
Charles Posted - 05/02/2014 : 20:46:14
Well it is only scientific to see if the same thing happens if you replicate the conditions. You cn consider it research.
smart bunny Posted - 05/02/2014 : 20:43:32
Sorry but.
LOL!!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000