The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Any of you regretted selling a snake?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 04/02/2014 : 12:56:30
As you know last october I sadly had to part with most of my snakes due to my MS. A decision which was difficult to make and I feel now rushed. I should have waited it out to see how my health altered. Anyway I have been in constant touch with the new owner and a few weeks ago she sent me some pics of them in their vivs. They have no substrate what so ever just the wood floor of the vivs. I asked why they had no substrate and she said it was easier to clean them. This upset me a bit they use to love burrowing in their aubiose. Anyway it has come to light that she is now advertising a snake which I feel is the anery I sold her. I got in touch with her and said that I wanted him back as I did want him passed on to others when she had said she would give them a forever home and that I could visit them. I said I regretted parting with the anery and amel also as they were my first snakes and I had them from hatching. She says its a different corn snake that she is selling because they bought it as female but its turned out male. She says as I regret parting with them she will sell them back to me. Now I don't know what to do. I know it has to be my decision but just after other peoples opinions really. Anyone care to comment?
17   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lupi lou Posted - 06/02/2014 : 13:50:53
Oh dear what a horrible situation, I think I would have wanted them back too, I'd try and get some one else to have a look for you and see if they can get them back for you. Hope you get a good outcome.
smart bunny Posted - 06/02/2014 : 12:16:12
Hmm, better be careful we don't all ask questions, or she'll put the price up rofl!!
Red123 Posted - 06/02/2014 : 10:15:47
Thanks witchy :)
witchy Posted - 06/02/2014 : 09:26:04
If I can do anything to help give me a shout.... Maybe we could make an enquiry re the anery & see if she mentions others.... Could get photos then for you to compare.....
You can get hold of me at witchyrachel at gmail .com
Red123 Posted - 06/02/2014 : 08:31:10
I did wonder this but she is only advertising the anery. She originally said I could by them both even though she was not advertising either of them as far as was concerned. I need to be absolutely positive that it is the anery she had off me though. Not an easy thing to do considering most snakes of the same colour look very similar if not identical to someone who has not had them to own for any length of time. Unless I can get a clear over head shot of the top of the head and a full body length shot side on.
witchy Posted - 06/02/2014 : 08:16:00
Oh Red that's horrible.
Is she advertising them somewhere? Is there any chance one of us local to you/her could attempt to buy them on your behalf?
scottishbluebird Posted - 05/02/2014 : 21:36:13
Oh no, i am so so sorry, what a vile woman,( i called her something else that i cant type)
All i can say is that hopefully the new owners come here, and there might be a chance of getting them back, failing that, i am sure they are better off with the new owners than they were with that er that um woman that couldnt bother with decent substrate depth
smart bunny Posted - 05/02/2014 : 20:22:46
Oh no Red, I'm so sorry :(
Red123 Posted - 05/02/2014 : 18:55:12
Well it looks like my two boys are gone for good :( She has now messaged me saying I am calling her a liar and that she can sell what ever she wants to sell. She says she wants nothing to do with me and not to contact her again :( I have asked her to reconsider but I don't think she will.
Red123 Posted - 05/02/2014 : 12:10:45
Well, at the moment the current owner is really p***** off with me, as she feels I have more or less called her a liar and at the moment not communicating with me. I do feel a bit bad as well as I would hate to buy any animal only to have the previous owner saying she wants them back after a few months. She previously has sent pictures of her and the kids holding them. Why are things always so complicated, never straight forward :(
Razee Posted - 05/02/2014 : 11:28:15
I'd buy them back.
I know where you're coming from, and yes, you've done the "responsible " thing by selling them etc. - but as it turned out, you can cope, and will have some help for when you can't. It's only 2 more - and you can never tell, you might end up with very little problems. If the circumstances have been different, and the snakes had excellent homes, I'd say leave them. But after what you've seen, you'd be thinking about them, and beating yourself up for selling them, and thinking about them all the time - then it's better for both you, and the snakes, that you get them back, if you can.

I know exactly what you mean by your animals, being part of you, I'd be thinking exactly the same. Hope you're ok, and don't let the illness win!
smart bunny Posted - 05/02/2014 : 10:02:24
OH no Red, that's so sad - I know how hard you found it just to part with them in the first place, but to later find out they are being kept in conditions which you are unhappy about must be really hard :(

I'm not sure from your post - has she offered you just your favourite 2 back or all of them? If it's just the 2 then I'd say definitely get them back, what's 2 snakes after all, it's only a mouse a week/fortnight each and I'm sure your sons would be happy to help out with the cleaning etc if you did start suffering worse again (I know you didn't want to have to put any pressure on them, but it's not like they don't own snakes themselves so know what they are doing etc). It's not like they are dogs which require constant feeding, walking etc.

To be honest even if it was all of them you were talking about, I'd probably still be tempted to say get them back!

((hugs))
witchy Posted - 05/02/2014 : 09:30:01
If it was me I too would buy them back.
serena_08 Posted - 04/02/2014 : 20:52:20
Buy them back. If your health deteriorates (sp) again you know not to feel rushed into selling them and there are a few more caring people willing to help you :)
Cassie Posted - 04/02/2014 : 17:12:57
For what it's worth I would buy them back too
Red123 Posted - 04/02/2014 : 16:04:21
Spent the whole day thinking about them, looking at pics of them. My health is going to be up and down I know that but I am 40 years young and can't help but feel I am letting the illness win, though at the moment medication is winning and I feel almost normal, well as normal as I have ever been lol. I love all my animals they are part of me in a way if that makes sense. Thanks for commenting x.
scottishbluebird Posted - 04/02/2014 : 15:48:53
If it was me, i would buy them back, but you have to think seriously about your health

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000