The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Good idea or bad idea?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Siamsa-Brae Posted - 07/01/2014 : 17:22:08
Hi guys

Just wanted your opinions on an idea I had. I was thinking of making a sort of snake hunting maze I haven't thought much about how I'm going to do it yet but I'll think about that when/if I do.

My main thought with this was to give some more stimulation to my little guy by setting up some tubes and walls ect and drag a mouse through it to lay a sent for him to follow. Giving him a sort of simulated hunting experience with a thawed mouse as he always goes into super hunting mode once he has eaten.

Just wondered what people's thoughts on this were or if anybody had tried it before. Also please feel free to tell me I have too much time on my hands :-)

11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Siamsa-Brae Posted - 15/01/2014 : 18:25:40
Well I spent most of this afternoon getting busy with cardboard, scissors and a hot glue gun. I have a burnt finger and a prototype snake maze to show for it just letting the glue dry and fumes disperse. I'm gonna put him in it with no mouse first just to let him have an explore.
Freddiesmum Posted - 15/01/2014 : 10:40:06
Keep us updated, be interesting to know what happens!
Siamsa-Brae Posted - 14/01/2014 : 16:25:43
I'm just a worrier, he eats like a pig most of the time just didn't wanna put him off!
paulie78 Posted - 14/01/2014 : 15:19:33
I say go for it as Donnie says its enrichment for the snake which cant be a bad thing
Siamsa-Brae Posted - 14/01/2014 : 14:24:44
Yeah there will deffo be film footage I might not do it for a couple of weeks until he is eating the next size up with no problems first
scottishbluebird Posted - 11/01/2014 : 00:02:14
If you can, could you film it?
Siamsa-Brae Posted - 07/01/2014 : 21:00:05
Cool I thought I would check I wasn't on a bonkers mission :-) I will get to work with some cardboard soon I have a week off work to plan it out.
Razee Posted - 07/01/2014 : 19:14:41
Good idea, I have done it once for Twid, though not as complicated, just a couple of cardboard tubes, and dragged the mousie through. He was very keen :-)
yalovit Posted - 07/01/2014 : 18:29:25
good idea
scottishbluebird Posted - 07/01/2014 : 18:13:02
Be interesting to find out
Donnie Posted - 07/01/2014 : 18:05:35
Nothing wrong with a bit of enrichment.

oh and you have too much time on your hands

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000