The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 dog ate my mice!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Moppet Posted - 08/12/2013 : 21:31:25
Well, lesson learned. I put out 7 adult mice and one pinkie to defrost for my snakes, as I regularly do....my dog vanished for maybe 30 seconds, went upstairs to find just one mouse left! No blood, no bits of mouse. Nothing!
15   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Vince_the_snake Posted - 16/12/2013 : 07:46:17
My cat will sniff them but hasn't eaten them...yet
lupi lou Posted - 15/12/2013 : 19:12:54
our old dog Jess only rolled in fox scat one and it was vile!! Lupi rolling on dead things is only slighty better but at least it doesn't smell as bad!
hayleylsl Posted - 14/12/2013 : 21:43:59
Our (now rip) rescue greyhound used to roll in fox poo- utterly disgusting, Billy used to honk for days even after multiple baths!
smart bunny Posted - 10/12/2013 : 19:37:15
OMG fox poo and pheasant poo, that brings back unpleasant memories... dogs can be so revolting at times lol!
Moppet Posted - 10/12/2013 : 18:54:00
Zack's favourite cologne/decoration is fox scat. He seems to take pleasure in ignoring my insistence he stop rolling in it (He also is quite obedient most of the time)...He also strongly dislikes baths. Sheep poo is apparently a delicacy according to my dog...
scottishbluebird Posted - 10/12/2013 : 01:01:56
If Lyla finds a dead rabbit in the field, she rolls on it, and the look of sheer joy stays even when i am screaming at her to stay away, though she HATES the bath after. Normally really obedient, but dead rabbits and sheep poo........
lupi lou Posted - 09/12/2013 : 22:01:07
Lupi catches mice at the field and eats them, it's not made her sick. She eats rabbits too she is a horrid dog
hayleylsl Posted - 09/12/2013 : 21:25:47
One of my cats helped herself to a defrosting mouse which I had left on the side- a nice, tasty and no effort snack. Suffice to say I now place the tub I use for defrosting well out of her way.

Moppet Posted - 09/12/2013 : 19:21:44
SBB - you're lucky! I have carefully closed the door to the room with the mice in tonight (attempt 2 at feeding them!)

Razee - I think he would be thrilled with a defrosted mouse as a present! I bet he would eat pinkies like popcorn. Weirdly enough, feeding mice to my snakes doesn't bother me but I don't like the idea of my dog eating them. *shrugs*

quote:
Originally posted by lupi lou

Haha this is why i put the mice out of lupi's reach. If it makes you feel better at least your dog didn't roll on them first and smush blood into the carpet

It does make me feel a bit better Nothing for me to clean up anyway and so far the unusual meal doesn't appear to have upset his stomach...
scottishbluebird Posted - 09/12/2013 : 17:29:26
lol, my lot are too fussy, even the cat not interested in them!
Razee Posted - 09/12/2013 : 15:27:03
Yep, I have to keep mice out of the cat's reach, he is always really interested, even in the frozen ones, and gives me a very injured look, when I put them out of his reach. I even thought about buying one for him, for Christmas...

Actually, there's an idea, Moppet - now you know what to get your dog for Christmas - and it's cheaper than the doggy treats ( and probably healthier as well ).
lupi lou Posted - 09/12/2013 : 09:31:26
Haha this is why i put the mice out of lupi's reach. If it makes you feel better at least your dog didn't roll on them first and smush blood into the carpet
smart bunny Posted - 09/12/2013 : 07:34:11
Ewwwwww! Lol at Kali getting the ump - your dog is naughty and you get the punishment!!!
Moppet Posted - 08/12/2013 : 22:09:48
He's sniffed at them before and picked one up but never shown any inclination of eating one before! 6 adult mice and one pinkie eaten by the dog! Snakes were very unimpressed when I got them out for weighing/measuring. Kali especially...

She decided to try to eat me instead...
SilverWings Posted - 08/12/2013 : 21:36:50
Haha, made me giggle XD Mine just carries them round, hasn't yet eaten one XD

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000