The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 New addition!... OK, not strictly true lol...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
smart bunny Posted - 19/11/2013 : 14:42:46
More of a new resident really... in our garden!

This adorable little owl appears to have set up home in the tree in our back garden, he/she is sooooo cute We hear him hooting every night.

16   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
smart bunny Posted - 26/11/2013 : 09:34:59
Naaawwww, it's cold today, he's all fluffed up

I want to cuddle him too Angriest - but don't think he'd let me lol!
manda88 Posted - 25/11/2013 : 16:00:19
OH MY GOD OWLSSSSSS!!!

I LOVE owls!! Tawny owls are my favourite but I would like to squish any owl really, I'm not fussy. Love love love! Can you tell I love owls?
lupi lou Posted - 21/11/2013 : 16:14:51
Razee that little owl is adorable! SB I think the barn owls mate for life but not 100% sure.
I've got to admit that around my area am quite lucky and have seen some beautiful owls in thier natural habitat true to form though I've never had a camera handy :-(
scottishbluebird Posted - 21/11/2013 : 15:28:20
The little guy is adorable
smart bunny Posted - 20/11/2013 : 09:38:02
Thanks everyone - that pic was taken from our bedroom window! :)

We've been here for 14yrs and it's only with the arrival of this little guy that we've ever seen one! I don't know how long he's been here as even knowing he's there he can be hard to spot at times thanks to his camoflage, but we saw him a few weeks ago eating a rodent under that tree, so maybe he's been there a while! We used to have dogs, but we sadly lost our second earlier in the year, so maybe the garden is a bit more attractive to owls now.

Razee, that pic is adorable, what a lucky little baby that you found him, so glad they were able to get him feeding at the rescue :D

Lou that was so sad about the owls you found dead - do they mate for life do you know, or is the other owl likely to have found a new mate?
Kellog Posted - 20/11/2013 : 09:29:23
I am SO jealous!! What a gorgeous little thing and it must be amazing having it living in your garden. I daren't mention this to my OH, he'd turn green with envy . We love our wildlife, particularly the birds for him, so try to do what we can to entice them into the garden. His one wildlife hate is squirrels, except for the white ones that come and steal the birds' nuts regularly .

I remember when we were on the Norfolk Broads and there was a barn owl working the bank. We floated along watching it for ages. Such beauty and grace.

Thanks for posting this, it's lovely to see .

Xxx
Razee Posted - 19/11/2013 : 23:54:41
Found it! Looks pathetic, but it was only just put in the incubator....
scottishbluebird Posted - 19/11/2013 : 22:01:58
oh wow, so gorgeous, mostly iv seen them at night flying, never still though
Vince_the_snake Posted - 19/11/2013 : 20:41:09
I'm loving the owl stories! Unfortunately I've only ever seen a tawny owl (in the wild)...
lupi lou Posted - 19/11/2013 : 20:38:51
lovely little owl, how lucky are you!? At the old yard where I used to work we had a breeding pair of barn owls that nested in the hay barn they were stunning, but in 2010 when we had that bad winter we found one of the adults dead and not long after one of their offspring. It was so sad they are such beautiful creatures.
Donnie Posted - 19/11/2013 : 20:05:54
nice SB. All we get visiting our garden is chavs
Razee Posted - 19/11/2013 : 19:56:13
Wow, that's gorgeous! You were so lucky to get a picture, too... never seen a little owl in the "wild". :-)

I keep hearing tawny owls where we live, and there's lots of them around the field as well. Heard them for years, almost every evening - and only just got to see one last week - really close up, too....sat on a telegraph pole, where there's often a buzzard sat, during the day. It was beautiful, but not a chance of taking pic...:-(

I do have a picture somewhere of a baby barn owl, that I found still alive, on the road, when riding. I picked it up ( no nest anywhere , and it was only couple of days old ) , and put it in my top. I took it to a wildlife rescue center, they got it feeding, and passed it on to Barn Owl Trust... I see if I can find some pics for you :-)

Vince_the_snake Posted - 19/11/2013 : 19:28:03
Aww lucky you've found a little owl, I've never seen one before!
ScalySituation Posted - 19/11/2013 : 19:05:25
wow, I've never seen a little owl before
scottishbluebird Posted - 19/11/2013 : 17:02:17
arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrg wanna see the owl
smart bunny Posted - 19/11/2013 : 14:44:43
Doh, can a mod just add the ] at the end of my post please, I hit the delete button once too often whilst clearing up the photobucket rubbish!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000