The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Nearly Wet Myself

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
coxymk2 Posted - 07/11/2013 : 16:56:27
So having just fed Boozer and put him back in his viv I was watching him have a drink and then going into his warm hide when he decided that because he had made a mess with his mouse and had blood on his body he then decided to try and bite himself at least 3 times he must of thought he still had a mouse. Checked to see he hadn't done any damage must have been giving himself love bites lol
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
danbaylis35 Posted - 09/11/2013 : 10:35:42
my hognose does this nearly every feed so think its quiet normal lol, worries me with him as he has venom and not sure if he could harm him self but he seems ok lol
coxymk2 Posted - 08/11/2013 : 18:16:40
I think it's a good job that I don't worry easily
scottishbluebird Posted - 08/11/2013 : 17:44:13
quote:
Originally posted by coxymk2

Yeah it was funny the way he didn't attack himself just opened his mouth and slowly grabbed himself. He is such a gentle friendly chap only turns really funny at feeding time I sort of wonder if this is due to him been badly treated when he was young.

Even in slow motion, id have been like a headless chicken
coxymk2 Posted - 08/11/2013 : 10:48:23
Yeah it was funny the way he didn't attack himself just opened his mouth and slowly grabbed himself. He is such a gentle friendly chap only turns really funny at feeding time I sort of wonder if this is due to him been badly treated when he was young.
Kellog Posted - 08/11/2013 : 10:36:54
It's horrible when they do that . Kellog went through a phase where as soon as he shed he would go all jerky, as though he had electrical currents pulsing through him, and bite himself. Having loved watching my snakes shed I came to dread it and would have to leave the room. We think his skin was just over-sensitive....and he was being an idiot .

Changed to Lignocel a few months ago to see if it would make a difference and finally saw him shed a couple of weeks ago. Still a bit jerky afterwards but no biting . Such a relief.

Xxx
scottishbluebird Posted - 08/11/2013 : 01:21:47
Jeeeez i'd have been panicing like mad
smart bunny Posted - 07/11/2013 : 21:15:01
He he, soppy snake!
lupi lou Posted - 07/11/2013 : 21:12:35
Oh dear, at least he hasn't done any damage. Our king at work bites himslef on a regular basis during breeding season but the first time I was him do it I cacked myself!
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 07/11/2013 : 17:41:31
aww poor pop aha, Least he's ok :P

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000