The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Bath Time

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 21/07/2013 : 12:27:32
Just wanted to share the the girls had their first bath today. Mo was a bit skittish then calmed and had a wee swim, she loved it so much...she peed :L
Abbey just plonked down, sat still but was sniffing the air, she swam underwater a few times then glided over the top after ten minutes of just stillness aha.
Such cuties. Loved watching them swim, they look so much more graceful in water ^^
13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 23/07/2013 : 21:51:49
All i overly knew was bathing could help with retained shed. But as i said, i know some like to sit in their water bowl if they are too hot. Even though my two never have done that, i thought, as i said above, a wee swim would be a nice treat :)
Coal Posted - 22/07/2013 : 09:22:18
I gave Lovecraft a bath once on the advice of his former keeper but he was not at all impressed; just wriggled and tried to crawl up the sides of the tub so I took him out fairly quickly :P I've had a few people tell me it's beneficial, if not exactly essential, as it helps to remove any dust/dirt/whatever that's too small to see from their skin :)
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 21/07/2013 : 21:37:10
well my youngest just turned 4 months from hatch day on the 19. and i only put in barely a 1/2 a centimeter of water :)
Sara3502 Posted - 21/07/2013 : 20:52:09
How old would you say your snake should be and how deep of water?
Donnie Posted - 21/07/2013 : 20:47:44
quote:
Originally posted by ScaryVonHayleystine

i didnt take it in a bad sense Donnie :) Just thought id mention for those who were unsure.

NP
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 21/07/2013 : 20:08:16
i didnt take it in a bad sense Donnie :) Just thought id mention for those who were unsure.
Lee Posted - 21/07/2013 : 19:53:13
Just make sure the water is not too warm, 28c max which will feel cool to us. Some enjoy it some don't.
Donnie Posted - 21/07/2013 : 18:41:42
quote:
Originally posted by ScaryVonHayleystine

I just thought a bath would be a nice treat since the hot weather been continuing. Not something i'd do regularly though :)

There is nothing wrong with bathing them as long as it's done right, so sorry if my post came over like I was saying it was wrong. What I perhaps should have also said was that it is not a necessity but can be done if the keeper wants to.

mark143 Posted - 21/07/2013 : 17:33:43
Oh ok.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 21/07/2013 : 17:06:39
I just thought a bath would be a nice treat since the hot weather been continuing. Not something i'd do regularly though :)
Donnie Posted - 21/07/2013 : 16:40:06
quote:
Originally posted by mark143

I've just got my first ever corn snake.
Is bathing something that I should be doing?

I have never bathed any of mine, if one of them had been sliding through their own feces and was filthy then they would get a bath.
mark143 Posted - 21/07/2013 : 16:25:04
I've just got my first ever corn snake.
Is bathing something that I should be doing?
scottishbluebird Posted - 21/07/2013 : 15:48:41
Kellogs likes a bath every now and then

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000