The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Opinions Wanted

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 06/07/2013 : 21:27:44
This is my friend Daniel. He recently got hjis first cornsnake, pretty much less than a month later he has now got THIRTEEN. I know we all get the craving for more snakes but we know our limit. I'm juust worried that he hasnt got the money, time or a great amount of experience to look after these snakes properly :/
Here's a link to a recent convo on facebook about his dramatic influx of reptiles.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=611437628890839&set=a.491510450883558.112879.100000738224757&type=1&theater¬if_t=photo_reply
I just dont know what to think D: kinda had to gently rant it on here.
Sorry.
10   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Welshlamb Posted - 07/07/2013 : 20:37:43
Fair enough. I don't think your being paranoid. Just tread carefully just incase you get it all wrong. If your concerned enough to post here would be best to report.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 07/07/2013 : 17:26:53
Also i wasnt accusing him of being a good or bad pet owner at all. It was just they way he posted everything on facebook worried me. Just paranoia kicked in.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 07/07/2013 : 17:23:35
It wasn't my intention to cause trouble just to get an honest opinion of people well versed in snake keeping and my peers to just see if i'm being paranoid or i should bring forward a concern with the local (animal) authorities.
Welshlamb Posted - 07/07/2013 : 14:10:59
Hmmm... I don't think this is the place for this kind of thing IMO. Rather than posting here you should take your concerns straight to authorities. I think by posting here things may get Misinterpreted or if Daniel reads this he may be upset to learn you've publicised info about him which may or may not be true.

Don't like to have a go, but rather than start a campaign on a peaceful forum and drag people into it. I urge you to find facts and take them to people who can say 'yes' or 'no' this guy is a bad keeper and do something about it.

This is not the place for name / shaming. This forum is very peaceful and I intend on remaining a active member and helping it stay that way. Don't want to offend you, but maybe something to consider before you make more posts
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 06/07/2013 : 23:17:10
i dont know where he lives these days which is an issue. I havnt met up with him since he moved. Its just his statuses on facebook i seem to catch now and again. i'll try and keep everyone updated if i find out more.
mjpeters Posted - 06/07/2013 : 23:16:21
I can't see the link either.I also don't know Daniel,what experience he has,how he got them,how he keeps them,why he has them.
Most of my snakes are others cast offs-the last group came from someone who was just 'giving up'due to other commitments.
Personally when I re-home a snake they go with mat/stat/rub unless the new owner already has a setup.Also I ask for an undertaking to return to me if they decide to stop keeping the reptile.
This is the same undertaking I had when I bred Mastiffs;it is one way of ensuring that the animal has a reasonable future.
I don't know if big breeders do this or not??The laws governing sale of animals mean the vendor MUST offer help/support for 6months after the sale-does this happen?
SilverWings Posted - 06/07/2013 : 23:06:09
Have you seen them? Do they look healthy and happy? If not, if they're in poor condition etc, I'd consider reporting him to some kind of animal authority. Even if he is your friend the welfare of the animals is important. Perhaps keep an eye on them? See how he goes, you never know, he may be great for them.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 06/07/2013 : 22:58:15
maybe his page is private. sorry. and he just said he's getting them from freinds and he hasnt told me where/how he's keeping them, i doubt he has money to care for them all tbh :S and how he's paying for all their husbandry. i dunno guys just seems to be worrying me.
Lee Posted - 06/07/2013 : 22:45:26
I can't see the link either, not available. How did he get 13 in a month and where are they kept??
SilverWings Posted - 06/07/2013 : 22:12:06
Can't see the link o.O

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000