The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Blue Mosey

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 02/07/2013 : 11:03:59
Well Mo is FINALLY in blue again. She has only shed once since we got her and that was patchy, had to be assisted as her tail didnt shed properly but thankfully they eye caps came off fine. Now that we know the signs we are hoping for a better shed.
She has eaten her usual but had to be left with the second pink to eat in her own time. She has her wet hide and im going to spray the tank with "morning dew" every 2-3 days now that ive noticed her pretty blue eyes (dont want the tank to get over humid).
Any other helpful shedding tips most welcome. Thanking you.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 05/07/2013 : 22:14:01
Just got her out to check on her, out of immediate blue in the sense her eyes are back to regular colour. i have a pic will be posting soon.
Kellog Posted - 05/07/2013 : 12:06:56
It's for such a short period and as long as you don't leave her viv soaked when you spray she should be fine. Silvi shed yesterday and it was a lot better than her last one, although it had torn in half so still not a totally clean shed.

Hopefully Mo will shed any day now and she'll surprise you with a full, clean shed and her beautiful new colours .

Xxx
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 03/07/2013 : 21:33:40
Im afraid to over humidify though. Dont want to cause RI :(
Kellog Posted - 03/07/2013 : 20:26:21
I do hope she sheds ok this time Hayley. Hopefully she will with the added humidity. I mist the warm ends of their vivs every day once I know they're blue. The only other thing I do is add an extra water bowl on the heatmat so that there is a continuous source of humidity.

Let us know how she gets on.

Xxx
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 02/07/2013 : 14:42:01
herriotfan Posted - 02/07/2013 : 12:02:06
Damp flannel on top of the warm end hide.
lupi lou Posted - 02/07/2013 : 12:00:32
I found my boy shed fine with just a moss box, I gave him it for a few sheds then one time he decided not to use it and has so far been fine since. I've found the damp towel method useful for retained shed but luckily I haven't had a bad shed to deal with.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000