The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 First tag from Trevor

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Falice Posted - 01/07/2013 : 14:52:10
As the title says I had my first tag from Trevor last night! He's now not the nice friendly one anymore! lol.
I got back from Glastonbury Festival last night so as soon as I got in I had to check the snakes. I went in to fiddle around with the probes as he had moved them about a bit, and he was out and about and I wasn't even looking at him when he hissed and striked at me! I don't think he even bit me properly as I didn't feel a lot and there's no marks or anything, so I didn't get a picture. I was just so shocked that he did it! I think he was just annoyed because I disturbed him. After he did it I left him alone for the night to cool down lol.
I just had to share because it shocked me so much!
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 02/07/2013 : 09:36:32
quote:
Originally posted by Falice

]Hahaha yea I think that's exactly why, he just missed me Well he has actually eaten but it's always been overnight in the viv when I can't see him, still only about 4/5 times in about 3 months. But tonight he decided to eat in his feeding box yaaay, and by actually seeing him eat it I realised he will probably be moving onto large mice soon

Oh, I see....at least you got to watch this time. I'm still amazed when I see them eat, even after all these years. And it's obviously good that you saw him, so you saw his bump wasn't very big. He should be pleased he are in front of you because it'll mean more food .

Xxx
Falice Posted - 02/07/2013 : 00:20:00
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

He was just annoyed that you'd been out having fun and then come in and disturbed his home without giving him any attention, so he made sure you noticed him . How's that for a bit of anthropomorphising ??!!

So glad he's eaten. Even though we know its natural and they can go for ages without food it's still a relief when they do finally eat.

Xxx

Hahaha yea I think that's exactly why, he just missed me Well he has actually eaten but it's always been overnight in the viv when I can't see him, still only about 4/5 times in about 3 months. But tonight he decided to eat in his feeding box yaaay, and by actually seeing him eat it I realised he will probably be moving onto large mice soon
Kellog Posted - 02/07/2013 : 00:03:29
He was just annoyed that you'd been out having fun and then come in and disturbed his home without giving him any attention, so he made sure you noticed him . How's that for a bit of anthropomorphising ??!!

So glad he's eaten. Even though we know its natural and they can go for ages without food it's still a relief when they do finally eat.

Xxx
Falice Posted - 01/07/2013 : 23:17:57
quote:
Originally posted by mjpeters

quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Um, if there's no mark did he actually bite, or just headbutt? Ember tagged me as a tiny hatchy, and although it was reeeeeaaalllly tiny, there was a puncture with the tiniest little bit of blood lol! I'm sure you just startled him, he's probably feeling really guilty about it and wishing he could have a cuddle, and wondering how to make it up to you ;)

Anthropomorphising, me? never... :P

I find that snakey's DO like to make up and move on:usualy by opening their bowels VIGOROUSLY and COPIOUSLY over anyone/thing in range....

Ahahaa I'm sure he will in a few days time as he just ate! lol.
First time I've actually seen him eat in 3 months! Wooo maybe this breeding season thing is coming to an end
mjpeters Posted - 01/07/2013 : 22:24:00
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

Um, if there's no mark did he actually bite, or just headbutt? Ember tagged me as a tiny hatchy, and although it was reeeeeaaalllly tiny, there was a puncture with the tiniest little bit of blood lol! I'm sure you just startled him, he's probably feeling really guilty about it and wishing he could have a cuddle, and wondering how to make it up to you ;)

I find that snakey's DO like to make up and move on:usualy by opening their bowels VIGOROUSLY and COPIOUSLY over anyone/thing in range....
Falice Posted - 01/07/2013 : 20:55:07
hahaha, there isn't anything to take a picture of I'm afraid guys! I think it may have been a warning headbutt to be honest lol. I have to get him out later to feed anyway so I'll soon find out if he's less grumpy today
smart bunny Posted - 01/07/2013 : 19:36:50

scottishbluebird Posted - 01/07/2013 : 18:27:11
Hmmmmmm as above...........! need pics lol
Moppet Posted - 01/07/2013 : 17:16:35
Doesn't count if there's no blood (and no pictures)

A hiss and everything though, sounds like he was warning you really.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000