The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Reptile room or lounge?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Red123 Posted - 25/06/2013 : 13:30:12
Well Agatha has moved into her 6ft viv and it has got me wondering. Do any of you now feel like you live in the reptile room rather than the reptiles live in the lounge with you?
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 03/07/2013 : 20:11:14
quote:
Originally posted by Red123

She's probably secretly expecting another new addition to arrive while she is gone

You may be right Red .

quote:
Originally posted by mjpeters

Obviously you have missed them all TERRIBLY and tried to keep yourself busy by setting up a new home for a poor little rescue snakey......

That's a good excuse mj....may have to use that .

Xxx
mjpeters Posted - 02/07/2013 : 22:35:25
quote:
Originally posted by Kellog

You lot are an awful influence on me....I'm actually considering it ! The last time my daughter went overseas, to South Africa, she came home to find an extra viv in the lounge and a new snake. Don't think she'd talk to me ever again if I did a repeat performance .

Xxx

Obviously you have missed them all TERRIBLY and tried to keep yourself busy by setting up a new home for a poor little rescue snakey......hey guess what I happen to have a few about the house at the mo,fancy a sumteen year old Anery?or a Bug Eyed Leucistic rat?....
yalovit Posted - 02/07/2013 : 19:03:47
makes my viv look pathetic lol.Cant wait till I get my big viv.(grow snake grow)
Red123 Posted - 02/07/2013 : 10:49:35
quote:

You lot are an awful influence on me....I'm actually considering it ! The last time my daughter went overseas, to South Africa, she came home to find an extra viv in the lounge and a new snake. Don't think she'd talk to me ever again if I did a repeat performance .

Xxx

She's probably secretly expecting another new addition to arrive while she is gone
Kellog Posted - 02/07/2013 : 00:17:16

Xxx
Red123 Posted - 30/06/2013 : 15:01:56
And you wouldn't really be taking up any more floor space either ;) That's whats so good about stacks lol.
Razee Posted - 30/06/2013 : 10:12:59
Hey Kellog - smart bunny is right - and even if they'd notice, they'll be so full of news about their trip, they'll forget to grumble :-)
smart bunny Posted - 29/06/2013 : 21:44:51
Hey, I just had a thought Kellog... how long are they away for? Plenty of time for you do do a bit of viv addition - they probably wouldn't even notice if they came back and there was a viv stack there instead... lol :P
Kellog Posted - 29/06/2013 : 21:10:02
quote:
Originally posted by smart bunny

quote:

I spy room on top of Ahser's viv for another one or two vivs

OMG just LOOK at all that empty space, I mean there's just a vase and a plant, no clutter or anything... it's a crime... could so easily be a viv stack and stop keeping all that boring emptiness...

I would love to say 'watch this space' but with my OH I don't think I can get away with it . I'm so glad you started this thread Rachel because its interesting seeing how our snakes 'intrude' into our every-day lives .

Xxx
Mort13 Posted - 28/06/2013 : 10:42:01
Hahaha Red 123, I thought I was bad till now!! I've only the cockatiel, 13 snakes, skink, milli's, frog, teeny sling and roach colony in my lounge. Although now I've had the boa for 7 months I'll be bringing him down as soon as I get another shelf sorted in the rack.
The leo is in my bedroom, I'm going to swap him round with the skinks as he's more sociable....and noisy. 4 of the T's are also in my bedroom and my son has his snake in his bedroom.
Foxtrotsierra Posted - 28/06/2013 : 10:41:49
That is my total dream room, but I had enough problems getting the other half to agree to one baby corn - fortunately he has seen the "light" and has admitted that she is the least demanding, least smelly and most fascinating pet we have ever had.

My girl currently lives in our bedroom to keep me company, he has no problems with that at all, though he might if I turned our bedroom into a reptile room!
Razee Posted - 28/06/2013 : 09:07:11
Nice set ups, very jealous of everyone who is allowed to have their scaly friends in the living room.
Welshlamb, lovely vivs, though I think there's a criminal waste of space with so many little shelves underneath - unless, of course, they happen to be a future rack...
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 27/06/2013 : 18:12:24
i love the replied pictures! so many people have such nice set ups :)
vector200066 Posted - 27/06/2013 : 16:01:03
You live in my dream house
Lucky
Red123 Posted - 27/06/2013 : 12:00:12
quote:
Originally posted by Welshlamb

This topic is very interesting, I think you could be right. The living room, does eventually become the reptile room. Just don't tell my O/H that.

She's already convinced that we are turning into a petting zoo.

Red123, your living room is like a reptile haven. It's amazing. I expect your elecy bill is very high though lol. But I guess that's irrelevant when you got such an amazing collection.

Kellogg, I'm loving your O/H handy work. He's done a great job and it all looks so neat and fits in well with your existing furniture. Although I do agree you should make some extra room behind your sofa for another viv lol

We are on a prepayment meter so I can tell you that we use between £20-£25 per week. Not bad considering the two boys virtually live on there game consoles and I run two big fridge freezers to accomodate all the frozen rodents. Will be adding a third chest freezer in soon to accommodate Aggies rabbits when she moves up to them. We did notice a difference when adding in ceramic heaters, heat mats cost next to nothing to run.
Oh and I can see two gaps under your vivs, naughty naughty, two extra vivs can be made out of them. That would be one really impressive stack. Your two vivs look amazing

Smart bunny - Glad I am not the only one that hates empty space lol. And always sees it as potential viv stacks

Edited by Kellog to remove pic
Welshlamb Posted - 27/06/2013 : 11:04:19
This topic is very interesting, I think you could be right. The living room, does eventually become the reptile room. Just don't tell my O/H that.

She's already convinced that we are turning into a petting zoo.

Red123, your living room is like a reptile haven. It's amazing. I expect your elecy bill is very high though lol. But I guess that's irrelevant when you got such an amazing collection.

Kellogg, I'm loving your O/H handy work. He's done a great job and it all looks so neat and fits in well with your existing furniture. Although I do agree you should make some extra room behind your sofa for another viv lol
smart bunny Posted - 27/06/2013 : 09:46:55
quote:

OMG just LOOK at all that empty space, I mean there's just a vase and a plant, no clutter or anything... it's a crime... could so easily be a viv stack and stop keeping all that boring emptiness...

Red123 Posted - 27/06/2013 : 08:33:43
quote:

That lounge/reptile room is amazing Rachel !

Having only 3 snakes I can't really compare but my OH was really good when he did the lounge in our new house. He designed it so 2 of the vivs fitted on either side of the fireplace and into the furniture. I'm so pleased with the results . Makes them real features of the room.

Kellog's viv under the tv

Asher's viv. Wish it wasn't down the side of the sofa like this but it's the only way in such a small room.

Xxx

Edited by Kellog to remove pics
Kellog Posted - 27/06/2013 : 08:17:25
That lounge/reptile room is amazing Rachel !

Having only 3 snakes I can't really compare but my OH was really good when he did the lounge in our new house. He designed it so 2 of the vivs fitted on either side of the fireplace and into the furniture. I'm so pleased with the results . Makes them real features of the room.

Kellog's viv under the tv

Asher's viv. Wish it wasn't down the side of the sofa like this but it's the only way in such a small room.

Xxx
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/06/2013 : 22:47:17
That is seriously impressive, i love tigers too

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000