The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Back from IHS Show Doncaster

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Lee Posted - 23/06/2013 : 15:11:34
Just got back from the meeting, very busy while I was there and some gorgeous snakes, not as many Corns as I thought there would be or Royals for that matter.
I had to really hold myself back from an Olive House Snake, a Hognose and a White Durago King, all stunning! I don't have the viv room right now or they would have all been mine!
I'm collecting two Corns tonight and had to think of where all 5 would go if I bought them.
Some people where going out with bags and bags of Leopard Geckos etc, one fella bought 6 boas from one stand and he already had a bag full of geckos. The Tokays where stunning, plenty of spidery things there too and some very cute frogs.
Worth a visit but so hard not to get something, maybe September I'll pick a few up.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Donnie Posted - 24/06/2013 : 18:33:17
quote:
Originally posted by AcidicAngel

quote:
Originally posted by Donnie

It's £5 for non members and £2.50 for members and members get in 30 mins earlier and the que is much shorter. I turned up at about 11:30 and walked straight in through the members door whilst there was still a reasonable que for the non members (I am a member and didn't just stroll through).

How do you become a member and how much is it?

Just visit their website and there is a bit about joining. I can't remember exactly how much it was but I got a family membership and it was about £24 I think.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 24/06/2013 : 17:30:21
Lee Posted - 24/06/2013 : 10:13:37
International Herpetological Society, there is also the Federation of British Herpetologists(FBH). Both have websites and a Facebook presence.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 24/06/2013 : 08:51:43
What does IHS stand for or am i just stupid? aha
AcidicAngel Posted - 24/06/2013 : 00:23:51
quote:
Originally posted by Donnie

It's £5 for non members and £2.50 for members and members get in 30 mins earlier and the que is much shorter. I turned up at about 11:30 and walked straight in through the members door whilst there was still a reasonable que for the non members (I am a member and didn't just stroll through).

How do you become a member and how much is it?
Donnie Posted - 23/06/2013 : 23:46:14
Lee Posted - 23/06/2013 : 22:50:00
It may be worth joining the IHS to get in early and cheaper. I was in at 11.20 and there were already people with bags full of critters.
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/06/2013 : 22:26:16
Thank-You Lee & Moppet
Moppet Posted - 23/06/2013 : 22:11:46
It is £5 to get in.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 23/06/2013 : 21:38:35
Thank you
Lee Posted - 23/06/2013 : 21:29:10
it was £5 today.
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/06/2013 : 21:08:00
As far as I'm aware it's Sunday 22nd September I'm not 100% sure though. Also, does any one know what the admission fee is? Some places say £5 and some say £20... Would be helpful to know lol.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 23/06/2013 : 21:06:08
What the September dates? I might try my best to show up :)
Moppet Posted - 23/06/2013 : 20:39:47
I managed to come home without any newbies Very proud of myself but I'm gutted that I had to leave the GORGEOUS little true olive housie hatchlings behind Fell in love with a teeny tiny male with the most perfect stripe over his eyes...

However I have four 2012 corns to move up to their 3ft vivs in the next few months plus eggs cooking in the incubator (11 of which looks good), so I am focusing on that serious expense of time and money first (Ouchie...)

I did buy a pair of hides, some water bowls, heat mats, sliding viv locks (6 for £10, well impressed) and a book about boas for when I eventually get my BRB...

I will definitely have to get housies at some point though... Very VERY tempted by a trio of True Olives and the guy selling them was great. Only lives in Nottingham so I could nip down to get one/some at any time...

I'll be going back again in September so we'll see whether I can resist then...haha doubtful.
Mort13 Posted - 23/06/2013 : 19:54:21
I've not been this one either, because I'm a good girl I'm hopefully going to go the September one though
Callazagy Posted - 23/06/2013 : 19:06:53
Didn't go this time, to much temptation, no money and definitely no room. Focusing on improving current set-ups this year. Gunna get jealous seeing the pick-ups threads.
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/06/2013 : 17:07:39
Lee, I know XD I won't have the money to buy both a new set-up and the new animal though so I should be safe lol.
lupi lou Posted - 23/06/2013 : 17:02:18
I managed to resist buying anything although there was lots of cuteness, Saw a nice little crimson girl but the o/h said Jinx isn't allowed a girl friend :-( Did get some decor bits though. Was very tempted by the BRB's they were beautiful

I'll be going again in sept and I'll know what sex Jeff is by then.....
a33272 Posted - 23/06/2013 : 16:26:20
The June show is more of a clear out for last years stock to make way for what's hatching this year. Then this years will be at Sept show.
Lee Posted - 23/06/2013 : 16:22:52
It's so hard, I kept telling myself I don't have the room, but then there's loads of places to buy 'more room' from in the hall, so it's even worse. That and the fact you can see everyone leaving with their new little creatures and I walked out empty handed, well except for some flyers.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000