The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 I can not believe what I just saw

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 21/06/2013 : 18:03:32
Sombody is selling a frozen corn snake on ebay surely that cant be aloud can it ?????

Moved to appropriate section by Kellog
19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Sta~ple Posted - 22/06/2013 : 13:48:12
Don't see the problem? I mean, you feed your snakes frozen mice :s in a lot of peoples eyes, there is no difference to what you do to what that guys trying to do. Although the mice you buy will be eaten doesn't mean it's any more justified to some than a frozen snake that could be eaten, stuffed or pickled.

Frozen for snakes eating snakes is common. The guy who ran the King Cobra place in Notts before he died always tried to get dead baby corns and other hatchlings for the little cobras to eat. As with how of you have stated/reacted, not everyone would be happy to give away a dead hatchlings to be eaten so maybe sometimes there is a market and a need for this sort of thing.

End of the day, you don't know where he got them from, perhaps they were "pets" they could have been from a zoo or a collation.

If dead snakes aren't allowed on ebay, then they better take away the mice, and the live bugs if they still allow them for sale on there :p

On a related note
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJP1DphOWPs
lupi lou Posted - 22/06/2013 : 12:35:12
quote:
Originally posted by Dancross0

quote:
Originally posted by tk72

Suppose if you need to practice taxidermy why not use a snake or any other animal for that matter. Not my cup of tea but can't knock people for their interests. How many people think we are crazy keeping snakes?

This. Also baby corns are often used to get snake eating snakes feeding.

It's pretty much how mouse and rat breeders see snake owners, who feed frozen mice and rats to their pets...

both good points, it has to be said I find the thought of feeding gerbils or hamsters off putting but that said I have always kept gerbils and hammys,I can't say as am that keen on the idea of hatchie corns as food either but again it comes down to having them as pets. There are always going to be things that make us uncomfortable it's the nature of life.
Donnie Posted - 22/06/2013 : 12:34:22
I have no issues with it, a snakes life is no more important than the rats or mice we used to feed them or any other creature.
There are only two certainties in life, death and taxes and animals are lucky as they don't have to pay tax
Dancross0 Posted - 22/06/2013 : 11:23:15
quote:
Originally posted by tk72

Suppose if you need to practice taxidermy why not use a snake or any other animal for that matter. Not my cup of tea but can't knock people for their interests. How many people think we are crazy keeping snakes?

This. Also baby corns are often used to get snake eating snakes feeding.

It's pretty much how mouse and rat breeders see snake owners, who feed frozen mice and rats to their pets...
tk72 Posted - 21/06/2013 : 22:33:41
smart bunny Posted - 21/06/2013 : 22:18:51
Ewwww, and he's got a frozen royal up as well. Is is just me, or do the actual stuffed ones (rather than the frozen snakes) look decidedly, er... rubbish? Or is it just I'm not in the habit at looking at stuffed animals?! Scary what else comes up if you put taxidermy in the search bar as well :(
Lee Posted - 21/06/2013 : 20:07:37
hhmmm it is a bit weird but it takes all sorts, he has quite a collection there.
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 21/06/2013 : 19:52:26
I know you have to expect death eventually. But its a thought id rather not have :/ as im sure everyone else is the same.
Slinkey23 Posted - 21/06/2013 : 19:51:11
I think its sick! Especially when you reed the description as follows...... "I ALSO HAVE A FEW BABY ONES AROUND 6-12INCH" the things people do for money sickens me
Kellog Posted - 21/06/2013 : 19:36:14
Unfortunately people differ in how they feel about animals. This is the link - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MR-MOUSE-FROZEN-CORN-SNAKE-FOR-TAXIDERMY-PROP-GIFT-CRAFT-WEIRD-GOTH-PAGAN-/251291108049?pt=UK_Collectables_AnimalCollectables_SM&hash=item3a821e02d1 Says he's also got baby ones .

But you also have to be realistic about your own animals. Yes, corns live a long time compared to quite a few other pets, but if they get ill it's often harder to get them treated, and a lot more expensive. Their death is something you have to be prepared for and accept, as with all pets.

Xxx
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 21/06/2013 : 18:46:33
i would be the same. I used to have rats. Albino of course! (slight albino addiction :P) But if i ever had a snake at the same time as having them and they needed food i could never do it. Not jus because im sure its illegal in the uk to offer live food such as small animals as a meal. But because i get to attached.
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 21/06/2013 : 18:38:25
Yes I make coffins for mine as well funny but I have pet mice and when they die they get the same treatment even though I could feed them to my snakes but they are my pet so I can't do it
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 21/06/2013 : 18:31:31
Id make to size coffins and everything when (which im really dreading even though its yeeeeeears away) mine pass. i probably wont cope D:
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 21/06/2013 : 18:30:34
I just put in frozen mice but maybe its been taken off cuz I cant find it now either
Rebekah.Taylor Posted - 21/06/2013 : 18:28:44
Yes it did say something like that but that must have been there pet and that is just so sad :0( I have to have I funarel if mine die and cry for a week I couldn't freeze it and sell it I was only looking for some frozen pinkies and felt sick when I saw that its nasty
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 21/06/2013 : 18:27:41
I can't find it. Not sure if i find that a good or a bad thing.
Foxtrotsierra Posted - 21/06/2013 : 18:25:27
The frozen normal? I personally don't like it, but then again, I wouldn't advertise either of my dogs for sale frozen if they passed away either, taxidermy or not
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 21/06/2013 : 18:07:56
taxidermy purposes i can understand...frozen for snake eating snakes? :S
personally i dont see it as right. But i can accept taxidermy purposes
ScaryVonHayleystine Posted - 21/06/2013 : 18:07:09
What...send a link?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000