The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 You guys are awesome!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sammysnake Posted - 09/06/2013 : 15:38:29
Hello my lovelies. It's been a very long time since I've been on here for which I can only apologise (I've been seduced by Facebook which seems to be taking over my life and all my spare time - how sad). Anyway, it's silly season for Twilight and there has been loads going on with him which I have dealt with smoothly and calmly and it suddenly occurred to me, that would not be the case if I had not come across this forum and the fantastic advice and training it offers. Thanks to you I know that he's not eating - because he's looking for a girlfriend, he keeps messing up his scales - because he's looking for a girlfriend, he's shedding so much - because he's messing up his scales - whilst looking for a girlfriend, his sheds are really messy - because he's messing up his scales whilst looking for a girlfriend (are you picking up the general theme yet?) Yesterday he kept sneezing and as he's so active and wiggly (because he's looking for a girlfriend ) it took a while to spot a retained cap of shed over the end of his nose but again, thanks to you guys I knew what to look for and what to do. A couple of minutes and a damp flannel later and he was sneeze free. So thank you lovely people for keeping me calm and sane. Now if only you could start a similar forum for parenting which would tell me exactly what to do in any situation with my daughter, I would be most grateful
14   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 12/06/2013 : 10:48:18
quote:
Originally posted by Sammysnake

.........Hi Judith, nice to see you haven't forgotten Twilight in the time we've been away .

How could I ever forget MY Twilight ??!!

And I haven't forgotten you either, of course .

Xxx
Sammysnake Posted - 11/06/2013 : 21:32:51
Definitely too much Facebook time - I just automatically tried to 'like' Lotabob's comment!

Hi Judith, nice to see you haven't forgotten Twilight in the time we've been away .
lotabob Posted - 10/06/2013 : 23:51:05
One saying every parent should know.

If you can beat them... What's the point of having kids.
Kellog Posted - 10/06/2013 : 20:50:13
SAM....you're back too !!! And you dared to post without a pic of MY Twilight !!!

Seriously though, it's good to hear from you and to know that you and your snakes are doing ok. I know exactly what you mean about how we automatically deal with things with our snakes because we've picked up the information from being on here. If Facebook is 'where you're at' then come and join our Facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=31273049277&ref=ts ....and look me up too .

As for children....*deep sigh*. I'll happily take on your gorgeous daughter if you'll take on Jos....who is either way too old for his age, behaving exactly as he should as a moody teenager or reverting back to childhood . I'm never sure which Jos I'm getting from one minute to the next! Prayer is the only way I get though each day!

quote:

........Parents always find something to worry about, even when in the grand scheme of things there really isn't anything it's all "Yeah but what if..."

quote:
Originally posted by Mamma

........I don't care what job you have in life... nothing is harder than being a parent........

Never a truer word spoken Sam and Mamma....

Xxx
lupi lou Posted - 10/06/2013 : 19:40:48
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

3 words...... private boarding school..... hahahaaahah

haha like it! I always recommend duct tape nono for snakes but very handy for kids
Mamma Posted - 10/06/2013 : 09:44:07
quote:
Originally posted by a33272

hahahahaha. You paying for it for me? Cos you feel sorry for me?
a33272 Posted - 10/06/2013 : 09:31:30
Mamma Posted - 10/06/2013 : 09:04:15
my eldest is 11 and starting life as a woman early so at the minute its like tiptoe-ing around a ticking time bomb.

The ginger is strict and over protective... which classes with her pre teen hormonal storms.

Playing piggy in the middle is exhausting lol

Add in the mix a 5 year old who you watch every day and know shes the one whos gonna end up with the bipolar gene, who drains the life and soul out of you with her crazy manic highs and devestating lows..... who copies the pre teens every move and word...

And the 3 year old mummys boy who wont let me take a whizz without being clung onto *some* part of me and craves attention 24/7.

I don't care what job you have in life... nothing is harder than being a parent.. hahaha .
Sammysnake Posted - 10/06/2013 : 07:30:22
He he he, only joshing. Our little girl is an angel so far and I definitely pray regularly that it stays that way . Snakes are definitely simpler though, much less to worry about. Parents always find something to worry about, even when in the grand scheme of things there really isn't anything it's all "Yeah but what if..."

As for snakie pics, sorry Smartbunny for my oversight. Must get around to a new photoshoot. Maybe outside if the nice weather comes back.
witchy Posted - 09/06/2013 : 23:07:52
i have 2 lads- 21 & 19 + a 14 year old daughter....... would anyone like a practice with those 3?

Didn't think so lol
scottishbluebird Posted - 09/06/2013 : 21:45:07
Well, if anyone wants to try parenting on my 17yr old demon, please and i mean PLEASE!! feel free, i can send him down tomorrow, dont care how far!
smart bunny Posted - 09/06/2013 : 18:05:41
Tsk tsk, coming on and not posting pics, disgraceful!! We want to see how gorgeous Twilight and Saracen are looking now :P

As for the parenting questions - I need help in that area too lol!
herriotfan Posted - 09/06/2013 : 17:33:15
Thanks for such a lovely compliment about your snake.
If only there was an answer to all the parenting queries that arise!
I think we just have to trust in our children to learn from our example and as Mamma said pray.
I find being a parent the best road I've ever travelled. It has it bumps, potholes, hard to climb hills and it's so easy to loose track on a slippery slope. It also offers some of the most rewarding times on life's journey. I'm just hoping that one day I make the dual carriage way where grandparents go too!!!
Mamma Posted - 09/06/2013 : 15:56:38
quote:

Now if only you could start a similar forum for parenting which would tell me exactly what to do in any situation with my daughter, I would be most grateful

You prey. Even though you may not be religious... you still prey. That is all the advice I can offer to you right now. Or get an exorcist. Im gonna go down that line with my 2 I think..

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000