The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Wow - could it be??

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Moppet Posted - 31/05/2013 : 23:50:09
I've just heard a lot of noise coming from the fauns in my bedroom so I flicked the light on and had a peep. Andromeda is rubbing her nose madly on everything. Could it be that I might finally get to witness one of my corns shed??? I'm not going to leave for anything, not the loo, nothing. I've made that mistake before!!!
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 02/06/2013 : 08:44:28
I hadn't thought about the wriggling into a right pair of jeans in reverse....great description of it .

Think a lot of our corns are struggling at the moment, and I think you're right about the humidity being low. I don't use moss hides, I just put in an extra water bowl on the heatmat and mist the warm end once a day....works well .

Xxx
Moppet Posted - 02/06/2013 : 07:06:55
Kellog - it is like they walk out of it. Also a little like a wriggle to get into a tight pair of jeans but in reverse

As Andromeda obviously isn't shy, maybe I will get to see it again. I might offer her a moist hide next time she's blue because this is the second shed which has been hard for her. A few of my CB12s seem to be struggling at the moment. I think the humidity is generally low so I might add humid hides when they next go blue, just to help them out
mjpeters Posted - 01/06/2013 : 23:35:42
Well worth the wait-you must be chuffed to bits
scottishbluebird Posted - 01/06/2013 : 22:21:54
lol you missed start bit by typing here!!
Kellog Posted - 01/06/2013 : 19:15:16
So glad you got to witness it Moppet ! I've done that before, been watching to see Kellog shed but on the forum, got caught up in a thread and looked up to see him part way through it....but not today . Did you see what I mean about them 'walking' out of their old skin?

Sorry it was a bit of a tough shed. Hope you manage to get that tail tip off when she's ready to be handled.

Xxx
Moppet Posted - 01/06/2013 : 15:39:09
Haha, I saw most of it So amazing to see!!!

Missed the first bit because I was reading a thread on here she'd stopped moving and I thought it was safe Unfortunately it was a difficult shed and the camera was in the other room. No way was I leaving to get it! haha. She managed to get the first half off then it tore, she struggled with the rest and I think she has some retained on her tail but she ate too recently to check. I'll have a look tomorrow.
lupi lou Posted - 01/06/2013 : 12:49:01
I know why we still haven't heard back yet Moppets still glued to the faun not wanting to miss anything ;-) hope you don't miss anything :-)
Kellog Posted - 01/06/2013 : 10:57:01
I bet you just couldn't wait any longer and had to pop to the loo....only to come back and find that Andromeda has shed ! Seriously though, I do hope you did get to see it.

I watched Kellog do it only an hour ago and it's the first time I've seen him do it from the nose rubbing through to the end. Usually I catch him with the head-piece already peeled back. Took quite a lot of work to get that first part to lift away....and it's so amazing seeing them 'walk' out of their old skin . Tried to take some pics but they aren't great.....*wanders off to see if they are worth posting....*

Xxx
Razee Posted - 01/06/2013 : 10:34:23
Did you see it? :-)
herriotfan Posted - 01/06/2013 : 08:57:48
Stay rooted to the spot and you will witness one of the natures incredible sights!!!
smart bunny Posted - 01/06/2013 : 08:57:01
Aaaaaaaaand?! Surely you are not still waiting? :P
Auld Baldy Posted - 01/06/2013 : 00:22:17
Call room service for a flask of coffee.

Good luck and remember the camera.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000