The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 So I think I need your help...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Thorne Walker Posted - 30/05/2013 : 18:10:16
I'm having a little dilemma...

I can't decide what next.

I've found a Vietnamese Blue Beauty breeder close to me. It would require shipping and I'd have to wait for this years 'kids' to be ready for adoption...

There is a Rep shop in town that has a bunch of very attractive Irian Jaya Carpet Pythons...

I already have a 'large colubrid' in my collection, (Monster is 4ft + and still has a year or so before he stops growing) VBB's can get a little bigger the Russian Rats but only by a little bit.

The CP would be my first 'Python' and even though they don't get as long as I expect Monster to become they are heavier in build and so the CP could very well be my 'Biggest' animal.

I also have some concern the the CP might pose some risk to the cats when fully grown (should they ever meet at close range)

Cost wise and housing wise they both need about the same, sightly more humidity for the CP.. Sq footage for an adult is comparable..

So my Question is what would you do?

13   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Donnie Posted - 31/05/2013 : 20:14:44
quote:
Originally posted by Thorne Walker

So it would seen that the VBB is the clear winner..

or you can look at it like they are all wrong

How can you resist these faces?
herriotfan Posted - 31/05/2013 : 16:34:09
I wouldn't want to be in your position and having to choose!
Thorne Walker Posted - 31/05/2013 : 15:58:20
So it would seen that the VBB is the clear winner..

Thanks all

:)
Moppet Posted - 31/05/2013 : 07:35:00
Beauty snake first, then carpet python later
Thorne Walker Posted - 31/05/2013 : 00:34:14
quote:
Originally posted by mjpeters

1/Don't tell them
2/move

seriously though,what would happen if you were 'caught with your snake' so to speak? I don't see much point in getting a lovely snakey then it gets confiscated and you end up fined as well

If the condo caught me it would turn into a huge mess actually... The condo would try and force me out, but because I rent they actually can't touch me directly. They'd end up going after my Landlord who also couldn't force me out (Renter protection laws prohibit making "pets" an issue).

Long story short the lawyers would get rich and I'd have a year+ of court battles and drama unless I moved or surrendered my menagerie, neither of which I'm willing to entertain.

My neighbours all know about my pets, when they updated the bylaws they also took a shot at the dog owners in the building (most of my neighbours) so I am not without allies...

...But mostly it's about not having the free capitol to set 2x beasties up at the same time...
mjpeters Posted - 30/05/2013 : 23:14:37
quote:
Originally posted by Thorne Walker

Um.. Both isn't really an option..

I'm not supposed to have any according to my condo rules.. Local municipal rules also apply..

(and I only have the budget for one)

1/Don't tell them
2/move

seriously though,what would happen if you were 'caught with your snake' so to speak? I don't see much point in getting a lovely snakey then it gets confiscated and you end up fined as well
lupi lou Posted - 30/05/2013 : 22:55:01
I'd go for the beautie they have purty faces
ScalySituation Posted - 30/05/2013 : 20:50:55
VBB!!!
eeji Posted - 30/05/2013 : 20:10:37
beauty snake wins, no contest!
Thorne Walker Posted - 30/05/2013 : 19:09:08
Um.. Both isn't really an option..

I'm not supposed to have any according to my condo rules.. Local municipal rules also apply..

(and I only have the budget for one)

Donnie Posted - 30/05/2013 : 19:06:02
Not that I am in anyway biased but I would get the carpet.
Figs Posted - 30/05/2013 : 18:50:06
Yep, both

I love my VBB, he's a cracker
gmac Posted - 30/05/2013 : 18:29:14
toughie lol, my inner self is screaming get them both lol. as for the carpet, it wont be a problem for the cats they dont get to a large enough size to munch one.

I do like both but if you have a decent colubrid collection get the carpet.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000