The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 New home

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
peppertess100 Posted - 25/05/2013 : 22:31:03
We've just brought Sid a new home!

Very excited at getting a bigger viv for him, its only 30" and i know we will have to get a bigger one eventually but as he is only just 2ft and this was a good price and too good to miss we decide to get it. Gotta wait till monday to pick it up then we can look at new viv decorations :)

Helen xx
12   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
peppertess100 Posted - 28/05/2013 : 14:32:57
OMG i didnt think they would be able to squeeze through the gap!! It looks so painful for them though!

Think i will be off to the shop to buy a paper binder shortly :)

Thanks for the advice on the plants i will get some more to give Sid a bit more privacy.

Xx
Kellog Posted - 28/05/2013 : 10:09:36
That's looking great Helen, and I love Sid's 'friends' .

I suggest you get a plastic paper binder for the inside glass door, I haven't seen anything as effective. You may not be able to get your little finger through the gap but that DOESN'T mean Sid can't get through! Just checkout this Escape artist !!

He might appreciate a few more plants across the middle of the viv, so he can move from side to side with cover....but overall you've done a brilliant job .

Xxx
peppertess100 Posted - 27/05/2013 : 19:08:34

Well Sid is in!! If you look close enough you can just see him by his water bowl :)

We have just got to get a lock now (on order) for the doors so they are wedged with plastic wedges at the mo.

Just so you all know the frogs were our sons idea as he thought Sid would like some friends lol! :)

I never knew he could move so much lol! He has spent about 45 mins exploring and looking round and he has finally curled up in the cool end. I was worried he would be a bit worried about the larger area when we put him in but so far so good!

Any other suggestions other than paper binders on the inside door as i dont have any - i cant get my little finger through the gap - Sid shouldnt get through - should he!

Helen xx
smart bunny Posted - 27/05/2013 : 15:05:40
If he's 2ft already he will be absolutely fine moving up, I think I moved mine up to 3ft vivs when about 18 inches long :) Just make sure you pop a paper binder on the inside glass door edge to be sure he cannot squeeze through the gap between the doors :)
peppertess100 Posted - 27/05/2013 : 09:40:05
Sid is only just 2ft, when will be the best time to move him to his new viv? I dont want him getting stressed with being in something too big.

Thanks xx
smart bunny Posted - 26/05/2013 : 18:27:37
Dunelm mill do fake plants - so it's THE place to go when you need some ivy/other foliage for the viv - they also sell small mopani wood pieces. Have fun decorating... and wondering what to fill that terranium with ;)
peppertess100 Posted - 26/05/2013 : 18:25:26
Dunelm mill?? Lol

I never thought having a snake could be so exciting - im constantly looking on the net for new things that i can buy :)

Thanks for the link for new vivs i will def have a look and get some ideas - i will post some pics when Sid's moved into his new pad :)

I will have an empty terranium then..................
lupi lou Posted - 26/05/2013 : 12:39:10
look forward to the finished viv! I can't wait to get Jeff his big boy viv just so I can decorate it!!
Kellog Posted - 26/05/2013 : 08:46:00
I'm not surprised you're excited Helen . This thread on Viv pics and ideas might be worth a look.

Remember, we will want to see the finished product when Sid has moved in !

Xxx
herriotfan Posted - 26/05/2013 : 08:09:56
Lucky Sid, a new mansion to move into when you've had the pleasure of setting it all up for him.
scottishbluebird Posted - 25/05/2013 : 23:56:41
It is great getting a new viv sooooo many things to choose! Dunelm Mill..........
mjpeters Posted - 25/05/2013 : 22:38:44
New vivs are great fun to set up-I've just finished a stack of 6 reclaimed vivs (pics in the d.i.y. section)there are lots of ideas and pics.posted quite regularly-have a happy browse and enjoy you decorating

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000