The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Back to school for Geogey boy..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mjpeters Posted - 24/05/2013 : 19:04:40
Today I took George in to our local primary school,the reception class have been learning about the environment and forests.Last Friday George's shed skin went in and the class started looking at how snakes live.
well,there were a lot of very excited but well behaved small people with many very good questions (thankfully ones I could answer!).Then one by one they ALL came up to meet George.He sat nicely on everyone's hands and was an excellent ambassador for snakeykind.
Lots of pics were taken of each child's encounter-if I'm allowed a few then I'll put some up.I was surprised that the girls were a lot more relaxed and calm about George-All in all a great experience for everyone(George included).
One little girl said her mum was scared of snakes and needed to meet George!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Moppet Posted - 25/05/2013 : 01:33:55
quote:
Originally posted by mjpeters
I think he may well have done just that!as at the end of the lesson the teacher asked who would like to have a corn snake as a pet:a sea of little hands shot up
I have been asked to visit again after half term to look at the pictures they are doing and bring George AND some of his friends in too

That's great! I think everyone should know just how great corn snakes are. Well done for spreading the word
scottishbluebird Posted - 25/05/2013 : 01:11:48
Well done George, wish we had animals brought in to my old school
mjpeters Posted - 24/05/2013 : 22:00:39
quote:
Originally posted by Moppet

Well done George, maybe he's created some budding herpetologists

I think he may well have done just that!as at the end of the lesson the teacher asked who would like to have a corn snake as a pet:a sea of little hands shot up
I have been asked to visit again after half term to look at the pictures they are doing and bring George AND some of his friends in too
Moppet Posted - 24/05/2013 : 21:30:51
Well done George, maybe he's created some budding herpetologists
lupi lou Posted - 24/05/2013 : 20:19:41
sounds like he did a fab job, We do roadshows to senor schools to promote the courses that the college runs and we tend to take bugs and like you noticed the girls tend to be a lot braver than the boys!! It's very amusing listening to them squeal
Redware Posted - 24/05/2013 : 20:14:59
Great Job

As i think I have said before I am a secondary science teacher and the school has beardies, geckos and corns. I'm going to go to some of the local primary schools with the animals and some of our committed Aquarium and Vivarium student team soon to show them to the primary school kids! Should be a good way to introduce younger kids to the animals and show them they are great!
herriotfan Posted - 24/05/2013 : 20:10:29
Well done George for being a good boy and educating the children. Who knows it may have lit a flame or two in the hearts of some budding snake owners!!

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000