The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Further update.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ozziesmum Posted - 22/05/2013 : 10:38:39
Morning all,

well the results are in and unfortunately the news isn't good, it is cancer but on the up side it is contained and has not spread anywhere else, my lymph glands are enlarged so on the 30th of this month I shall be going into the Leicester Royal Infirmary for an operation to remove both the tumor and glands (the glands as a precaution), I won't need radiotherapy and if I do need chemo it will be very mild so won't lose my hair and it won't make me feel poorly. So all round the best possible outcome out of a not so nice situation but looking on the bright side I will be off work for 8 weeks after the op so here's hoping for a nice summer.
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Razee Posted - 25/05/2013 : 17:57:31
Thanks Jane, and good luck for Thursday, we'll be thinking about you. Xxx
ozziesmum Posted - 24/05/2013 : 16:58:53
Thanks Figs
Figs Posted - 24/05/2013 : 16:32:24
Only just caught up here - hope everything goes well!
ozziesmum Posted - 24/05/2013 : 15:00:06
kellog thank you, pre assessment done today and given the go ahead for Thursday, a lady called Kirsten will be doing the operation and I'm on the afternoon list in fact I'm the only one on the afternoon list, I've come away armed with my pre op energy drinks and my low residue diet sheets so bring it on, let's get it over and done with.

I didn't receive your email but not surprised I've had problems before, I'll send you one and we'll see if that works.

ozziesmum Posted - 24/05/2013 : 14:46:01
Razee thank you and I am so sorry about your horse as an ex owner myself I understand completely what you are going through and everything here crossed for you and him, big hugs to you both xx
Kellog Posted - 24/05/2013 : 13:09:10
I know that being told you've got cancer must be terrible, it's something I can't even begin to understand....but I'm so pleased that its been caught when it has and that the outlook is positive. It's not going to be easy for you, and I think this wait until the 30th may be the hardest part....but from what I've learnt about you, you are strong enough to come through this fighting .

I did try to email you, but know that it probably didn't get through . If you want to get in touch my email address is in my profile.

Just remember, you don't have to stay strong all the time....let others know you are feeling this just as much as they are.

Xxx
Razee Posted - 24/05/2013 : 09:39:54
Jane, just wanted to say good luck with the op, and take it easy afterwards. The good thing is - you'll have more time to spend on the forum, whilst you're recovering :-)

I know it's absolutely no comparison, but I'm going through something similar with my young horse. He's in equine hospital now, had his operation yesterday - tumor in the muscles of his shoulder. Going to see him today, just have to wait for histology results on that one...he's going to be 3 years old on Sunday.
ozziesmum Posted - 23/05/2013 : 19:18:27
Thanks eeji I have been told that if you have to have one it's the one to have as it's got the highest success rate of making a full recovery if caught early.

Looks like I'd better start raiding the piggy bank now then, just out of interest is there still a late night club?

kev 5 Posted - 23/05/2013 : 19:00:07
really hope everything works out for you
eeji Posted - 23/05/2013 : 18:40:49
8 weeks off work??!!! nice one! (although its a bit of an extreme length to go to )

My father in law and nephew have both been through the same thing and both made a full recovery which is an encouraging sign.

Most hospitals I've been in have a tv/internet terminal on every bed so you should have one of those. Its a bit on the expensive side because patients are a captive audience so they seem to make the most of it, but at least it will stop you going stir crazy

ozziesmum Posted - 23/05/2013 : 17:16:08
Hi and thanks you guys, this time next week and it will all be over and I can look forward to going home after a few days and chilling out in the garden for the summer, I'm still very up beat about the whole thing so I think that's a good sign.

Does anyone know if its possible to connect to the internet in hospital (on my laptop not phone).

Jane
AcidicAngel Posted - 23/05/2013 : 13:41:49
Aww As others have said, hope it all goes well!! Good luck!
Hissyfit Posted - 23/05/2013 : 13:30:31
The very best of luck with the op and chemo, hope it all goes well and you make a swift recovery
mjpeters Posted - 22/05/2013 : 18:25:15
I'm glad the news is manageable,the big 'C'is not so big and scary when you realize at least 1 in 10 folks have some form at some time.I'm managed on low dose chemo long term,generaly I have O.K. days.
All I'm trying to say is it is liveable with,and enjoying the summer is a brilliant plan
all hugs and positive vibes
lupi lou Posted - 22/05/2013 : 17:54:19
Am glad it's the better side of the worst out come (hope that makes sense!) Hope everything goes well and wish you a speedie recovery. Like others have mentioned we will be here if and when you need us.
scottishbluebird Posted - 22/05/2013 : 15:52:58
So sorry to hear that and hope everything goes well xxx
Isoldael Posted - 22/05/2013 : 14:24:54
Glad to hear it's not as bad as it could have been. Fingers crossed for the surgery, hope everything goes well!
herriotfan Posted - 22/05/2013 : 14:19:46
Sorry to hear that it's cancer.
Lets hope the surgery and chemo will do the trick and you can have a bright future.
We'll be here for you as usual....
smart bunny Posted - 22/05/2013 : 11:53:14
Sorry to hear it is cancer - but at the same time I'm really pleased to hear it is contained and treatable. I hope the treatment goes as well as it possibly can xxx
mrsbunt Posted - 22/05/2013 : 10:42:40
Sorry to hear your news, fingers crossed all goes well with the op. Hugs xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000