The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Homing snake..

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mjpeters Posted - 20/05/2013 : 00:08:41
Last week after munching down a BIG mouse Fluffy (our amel boy AKA Gutty Boy)was 'helped' out by our 2yr old Ruby.
Obviously this bright tango'd snake was now invisible.I read the very good sticky on escapees-thanks Kellog-and decided that:

1/he most likely somewhere warm digesting
2/not going to see him until he's hungry.
3/DON'T PANIC!

tonight as I was giving Thumper a big fat mouse,Fluffy shot out from the side of the viv-lunged into the viv and got hold of my hand.
I think I leaped about a foot in the air.
With the help of 'Thumpers' mouse I got him off me and into his viv.

I'm stunned that he returned to the very place(his viv's next to Thumpers) AND at the time and day that I feed them-also NEVER seem him or any of my others move so very fast
Bloody glad I don't keep anything bigger
9   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Mort13 Posted - 20/05/2013 : 22:23:06
Haha obviously he knew which side his bread was buttered Glad he's back and I hope you've recovered lol!
Redware Posted - 20/05/2013 : 22:09:40
Hehe Genius, like every one else said I'm really glad hes back to you but I'm also quietly wetting myself at the idea of you jumping several feet in the air as a hidden snake pounced on you!
Moppet Posted - 20/05/2013 : 21:18:27
What a good bit of luck He obviously knows where his food appears and wasn't going to chance the fact that you'd forget him! Haha.
herriotfan Posted - 20/05/2013 : 17:45:18
On return one might as well make a dramatic entrance!!!!
scottishbluebird Posted - 20/05/2013 : 16:27:06
You were so lucky, and i am sorry, but i did laugh at how shocked you would have been!
mjpeters Posted - 20/05/2013 : 11:25:55
Planning on starting on therapy as soon as I can stop rocking and muttering in this corner.....
Kellog Posted - 20/05/2013 : 09:14:19
I know I should be saying how good it is that he's home safe and sound....but all I'm doing is laughing at the thought of your face as he suddenly appeared, mid-air, aimed at Thumper's mouse !!

It does show how clever they are....although I do wonder if he never strayed too far and the smell of Thumper's mouse brought him out of hiding. I am glad he's back where he should be, and I'm assuming he's none the worse for his little adventure? Sounds like you're the only one that has suffered through this....the worry of him going missing, the shock of his reappearance and then, to top it off, him attaching himself to your hand....it's going to take you years of therapy to recover !

Xxx
smart bunny Posted - 20/05/2013 : 07:46:28
Lol that was a stroke of luck! Obviously FAR too keen on his food to go far and was worried that you hadn't got a mousie out for him!!!
serena_08 Posted - 20/05/2013 : 00:33:24
Sorry, but I just LOL'ed

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000