The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Bigger mouse

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
peppertess100 Posted - 19/05/2013 : 14:22:52
We have just tried Sid on his first small mouse - he was taking 2 fluffs really easily and it had stopped leaving the noticable bulge.

So Sid has taken the mouse really well and after he had eaten it he still acted if he wanted more!! Is this normal or could he really want more?

Helen x
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 20/05/2013 : 09:25:26
Herriotfan is right about asking questions Helen. The only silly question is the one you don't ask ....and we're here to help]. It's so good to hear how eager you are to learn, it proves that Sid is very lucky to have you as his owner .

As usual you've been given brilliant advice . You may find the VERY ROUGH guide to feeding an interesting read. Bear in mind that its only a guide to give you a rough idea of what to expect and do....all snakes differ and you just need to adapt to what suits Sid, as you know him best .

Xxx
peppertess100 Posted - 19/05/2013 : 18:53:12
Thank you :)

Ive kept loads of furries and fish over the years but this is my first reptile and there is soooooo much to learn - I am enjoying learning though :)

herriotfan Posted - 19/05/2013 : 17:32:39
First of all, don't apologise for asking questions. One of the best things about this forum is that we all help each other and we know that owners who care will ask questions!
I feed my snakes once a week after they moved up to small mice and beyond.
If you just keep an eye on his general condition he should be fine on weekly meals.
Some snakes put too much weight on if they eat weekly and then we normally say to feed every ten days or give the snake more exercise.
peppertess100 Posted - 19/05/2013 : 15:47:01
Thank you :)

Thats good then, i was worried that he was still hungry but I think he may pop if he had anymore lol!

How long would I leave Sid now till his next meal?

Sorry for all the questions :)
herriotfan Posted - 19/05/2013 : 14:56:30
Snakes are opportuntist feeders and never know when their next meal might be so sometimes they do hunt for more. It doesn't mean he's still hungry if he's got a bump from his meal.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000