The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Milk Snakes

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Blackcat Posted - 15/05/2013 : 12:47:12
I may have to join the King snake site, but thought I'd ask on here for advice first
Looking at possibly offering a home to a small milk snake from a rehoming site - waiting for photos and more info on type, but is going to be one of the smaller species (probably Peublan) as I want my vivexotic vx24 to be it's final home.
Can these be kept on a mat and stat?
Any advice from keepers would be appreciated
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Blackcat Posted - 15/05/2013 : 13:35:53
The rehoming centre know I want something which can be in my vx24 permanently, but did say I would possibly rehome a juvenile corn in it and then get it a 3' viv - but that doesn't solve the issue of homing something permanently in the vx24.
Luckily the vx24 is virtually 2' x 2' so a Peublan should be ok in it
Callazagy Posted - 15/05/2013 : 13:30:33
Very similar to corn care really, mat and stat is fine. Pueblans are ok in 2fts but depends on the individual, stick to the rule of width + length = length of snake. I'm hoping my won't get much bigger than 3ft, Pueblans are one of the smaller milks.
Blackcat Posted - 15/05/2013 : 13:28:59
I think a mat and stat is fine from research.
I didn't either until I approached my local rescue place asking if they ever got house snakes or hoggies in and they suggested a few others which could be in my vx24 as a final home.(smaller kings and milks)
They currently have a 6month milk in which needs rehoming - just waiting on photos and more info
smart bunny Posted - 15/05/2013 : 13:13:22
Oooooh good luck Blackcat - it's so exciting getting new snakes lol! Surely they must be OK on a mat as they are slender snakes? I didn't realise some were small enough that a 2ft could be a final home.
Blackcat Posted - 15/05/2013 : 12:48:42
Oops - meant to post in general - mods feel free to move, thanks

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000