The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Feeding question

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Slink Posted - 07/05/2013 : 13:53:38
Hi, I went to my local pet shop over the weekend to get some food for slink and explained how big she is (roughly 80-90cm) and they recommended that I give her medium mice. Up until now I have been feeding slink on mouse fluffs and have noticed that she is taking them fairly easily but the change in size looks quite a lot from fluffs to mediums and I'm a bit nervous about trying her with them. Am I being stupid to worry about this or would you say that mediums would be about right - slink is about 1 year old (I think) and the place I get the food from is a proper reptile stockist (not just a pets at home) so I do normally trust them.
5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Slink Posted - 08/05/2013 : 14:29:27
Thanks for the advice, thinking about it it may only be small mice as the guy at the shop said that she should go up a couple of sizes so must be smalls :)
jenjen23 Posted - 07/05/2013 : 18:41:32
Sorry to hijack your thread, but can anyone tell me what age the mice are at for different size classifications? My supplier works in days old, so not actually sure what size mine are on! I know they are 21 days old though.
Okeetee Mick Posted - 07/05/2013 : 17:22:13
All mine were on smalls at around 9 months, you would be surprised what they can get in their mouths. As lupi says no more than 1.5x times the widest part of the snake.
Moppet Posted - 07/05/2013 : 17:03:54
I would be inclined to increase meal size more gradually to give her time to adapt. Maybe try double fluffs then smalls then mediums if smalls aren't leaving much of a bump
lupi lou Posted - 07/05/2013 : 16:25:35
I gave 8 a few meals of double fluffs then moved him up to smalls. I would go for either smalls or hoppers personally. some people give a double fluff before moving onto smalls and others just go straight from a fluff to a small. Just remember that the food you offer should be no more than 1.5x the widest part of slink.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000