The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 A good idea?

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Welshlamb Posted - 01/05/2013 : 15:13:54
Not sure whether its only my local. But in homebargains they are selling roll out astro grass for 29.99

This would be enough to do a few 3-4ft vivariums.
Is this a good idea?

My main concern would be removing it to wash it, I suppose your have to have spares cut to size ready to replace
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
lupi lou Posted - 02/05/2013 : 09:46:31
I don't use astro turf but do use cage carpet and it has to be said while they were in their fauns I loved the stuff, but now they are in vivs and I have to take out every bit of decor to take out the carpet for cleaning its starting to get annoying. So I would bare that in mine as I know you are a fan of your decor and it would mean stripping it all out to get the turf clean. As kellog said its personal choice, I think am going to swap to repticard as it looks nice and will be easy to keep the vivs clean without having to take every thing out just to spot clean.
Kellog Posted - 02/05/2013 : 08:04:19
I'm sure this has been discussed before on here Ashley. Try putting astro turf or grass into the search option and see what you find.

I totally agree with Herriotfan, my snakes love to burrow and I would never take that away from them. But, as she said, I know some owners do use it, and reptile carpet, and are very happy with it. It's all down to personal choice .

Xxx
herriotfan Posted - 01/05/2013 : 19:47:04
Personally I wouldn't use it because...
All mine love to burrow and tunnel in their aspen.
I suspect keeping it clean could be a pain in the bum.
However I know some owners use it and are very happy with it.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000