The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Kids climbing Kili

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Kellog Posted - 01/05/2013 : 11:10:54
In exactly 2 months my husband and kids will fly to Nairobi and travel on to the base of Mount Kilimanjaro. Approximately 5 days later they will hopefully reach the summit. I will be a nervous wreck for that entire week !!

These are some pics taken when my husband did this, nearly 7yrs ago.

Setting up for the last few hours sleep before attempting to reach the summit....

The crawl up there, when each steps feels as though you've run a marathon....

At the summit, my husband is the one in the middle. The only pic taken because it was minus 25oC, cameras froze as soon as they were used once....

This is what my kids are CHOOSING to do, in order to raise money for charities close to their hearts. As a mum I couldn't be more proud ....or more scared .

The kids have asked me to say thank you so much to those of you who have sponsored them, they truly appreciate the support you've shown. If you haven't done so yet, and one of these charities is close to your heart, please do so....

Tandi (19yrs old) is raising money for PSDS, providing support for children with Down syndrome and their familes. She has worked with this group for a couple of years and been amazed at the love shown by the kids....and the joy and laughter she experienced. Tands is asthmatic and aware that this climb is going to push her to her limits.

http://www.justgiving.com/Tandia-Reeves1

Jos (15yrs old) is raising money for Diabetes UK. He is a type 1 diabetic, with very unstable blood sugars. He knows how necessary research into this disease is....maybe not to make a difference to him, but for generations to come. Climbing Kili is a true challenge for him, but one he is facing head on.

http://www.justgiving.com/Jos-Reeves-Kili

I echo what my kids have said, thank you for the support you've given....and I hope you'll help keep me same during that first week of them being away !

Xxx
6   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Kellog Posted - 13/05/2013 : 20:39:58
Sorry for the late reply. Thanks Lupi and Smartbunny. They both feel so strongly about their own charities....these aren't ones just picked out of a hat, each has a reason for choosing them....and I couldn't be more proud and scared .

I'll probably drive you all mad by doing long posts to distract myself....yes, even longer posts than my usual ones ! I wish you lot luck with putting up with me .

Xxx
smart bunny Posted - 04/05/2013 : 08:44:53
Not something I would be brave enough to do! Good luck to them... and hope you survive the mum worries for a week Kellog lol!
lupi lou Posted - 03/05/2013 : 17:14:47
What a great thing for them to do for the charity's that are close to them.
Kellog Posted - 03/05/2013 : 14:28:03
quote:
Originally posted by lotabob

Wow. It's on my bucket list. What an adventure.

It is a fantastic thing to do Lotabob....as long as you go with the mindset that you might not make it to the summit. I think the statistic is that only one in three people who attempt it are successful. When my husband did it the last time he went with two friends and they made the deal that if anyone struggled with altitude sickness then they would drop out and the others would go on....obviously that won't be the case this time! As it was, when they reached the peak, one of them was beginning to feel the effects quite badly and they only stayed there for about 10mins before coming back down to camp.

My husband is hoping that this time there might be a view....as you can see from the last pic, there wasn't much of one last time!

Xxx
lotabob Posted - 02/05/2013 : 15:27:53
Wow. It's on my bucket list. What an adventure.
Foxtrotsierra Posted - 01/05/2013 : 11:41:13
KELLOG What amazing children you have. That is such a fantastic undertaking for them do do for charity. You have every right to be proud, and every right to be nervous too. Am only an email away if you need to get anything off your chest, will be thinking of you.

They will be fine, not so sure about you xxx

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000