The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Skinny snake-Popup update.

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
mjpeters Posted - 25/04/2013 : 21:47:40
Little Popup has just scarfed down a big pinky and a tiny ratpup
I'm hoping this is the shape of things to come
She likes to eat in secret,a covered tub and prefers the food scalded so its warm-fine by me
11   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
mjpeters Posted - 26/04/2013 : 21:57:52
Very interestingI guess rats are more fatty because of bigger amounts of milk in the tums
Kellog Posted - 26/04/2013 : 21:32:43
quote:
Originally posted by mjpeters

........I hope Peppa's weight will stabilise now she's on mice,and I hope Popup will live and start to fill out and grow-do you think she will be stunted?

You might find these links interesting reading - Mouse/rat comparison and Nutritional value of prey items for snakes

She may be stunted because of the start she's had in life....my Silvi is shorter and lighter than an adult female should be because she was probably neglected from when she was born til I took her on . But hopefully because you got to Pop-up when she is still young and growing she has more of a chance to grow to a normal adult size. Whether she's stunted or not, she's beautiful and will be so loved .

Xxx
mjpeters Posted - 26/04/2013 : 21:18:40
Thanks all we are all soo happy she's settling in.Before this last feed she was doing the whole 'roaming about hunting'thing.
I knew rat pups were a weight gain food-no idea they were the same as a whole mouseno wonder Peppa's chunky!!
Now that I know Popup is the same age as Peppa I will weigh them both-it will be a good comparison;

Peppa was fed TWO rat pups every 5-7 days,whereas

Popup was fed ONE pinky every 2-3 weeks.

I hope Peppa's weight will stabilise now she's on mice,and I hope Popup will live and start to fill out and grow-do you think she will be stunted?
Kellog Posted - 26/04/2013 : 20:44:50
That is fantastic news Meg . A rat pup is equivalent to a large mouse, so that really is positive. It's not surprising that she likes to eat in secret, after where she's come from....but I'm sure that with the love you guys are going to give her she'll soon gain her confidence and flourish .

Xxx

Edited to ask....any idea of her weight?

herriotfan Posted - 26/04/2013 : 15:49:34
Way to go girl!!
scottishbluebird Posted - 26/04/2013 : 14:59:45
Well done Popup xx
smart bunny Posted - 26/04/2013 : 09:41:01
Yay!!!!! :D
Moppet Posted - 26/04/2013 : 06:45:27
That's great
mrsbunt Posted - 25/04/2013 : 22:59:25
that's fab news
kev 5 Posted - 25/04/2013 : 22:21:04
glad to hear she's doing well. my tessera only eats in his hide