The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 PhotoBucket vs Picasa Web Albums

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Welshlamb Posted - 20/04/2013 : 08:51:24
Hi,

Recently noticed that alot of members here are having issues with photo bucket. I'm assuming its down to photo bucket, but alot of images have been posted along with HTML code. This is causing problems on posts. Scrolling page layouts and images that don't display correctly.

Soloution

Say goodbye to Photobucket...Get Picasa web albums. Its free and is the so easy to upload, share and edit images. If everyone does decide to use this option. Then I will post instructions, for beginners.

https://picasaweb.google.com/m/viewer?fgl=true&pli=1

Let me know your verdict, folks!
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
viraleye Posted - 22/04/2013 : 09:14:04
quote:
Originally posted by Welshlamb

Goodbye Photobucket IMO. More hassle than its worth. Either people will be removing HTML tags or admins/mods will be running through all posts removing them.

I suggest Picasa web albums or Facebook or just ignore me lol

The only problem with picasa is that if your photos are over a certain size it takes away from your 5gb allowance - sounds a lot but it's not. Instead upload to Google plus which crops the photo slightly rather than compressing so image quality isn't lost and doesn't come out of the 5gb allowance. The photo still ends up in picassa :-)
Welshlamb Posted - 22/04/2013 : 08:08:10
quote:
Originally posted by AcidicAngel

quote:

Goodbye Photobucket IMO. More hassle than its worth. Either people will be removing HTML tags or admins/mods will be running through all posts removing them.

I'm not ignoring you, it's just until I have problems I'd rather not move off Photobucket as I have about 3-4 years worth of photo's on there...

I'm only joking. It's all down to personal preference and you can bet if you switched and hours of moving photos, they would change PB back to the way it worked best
AcidicAngel Posted - 21/04/2013 : 22:47:32
quote:

I'm not ignoring you, it's just until I have problems I'd rather not move off Photobucket as I have about 3-4 years worth of photo's on there...
Welshlamb Posted - 21/04/2013 : 12:29:19

AcidicAngel Posted - 21/04/2013 : 12:07:56
I last posted in the last week on a thread where people posting before and after me had the problem... "Share Your Tongue Shots" was the thread...
Razee Posted - 21/04/2013 : 09:51:02
Has anyone had a picture missing from their Library on photobucket? 2 of mine had gone, and in the slow worm thread, first picture suddenly doesn't show ( it did before ), though it's still on photobucket.

I also notice, that if I don't go on photobucket for a while, my settings changed from " private " to "public"!
Mamma Posted - 21/04/2013 : 09:27:40
quote:

I've not had problems with Photobucket... I click the one that says 'IMG Code' next to it and not had any problems...

me too. I posted pics a couple of days ago using the IMG code and I think mine turned out fine?
a33272 Posted - 21/04/2013 : 08:46:59
quote:

I've not had problems with Photobucket... I click the one that says 'IMG Code' next to it and not had any problems...

This is only recent as in last week or so.
Kellog Posted - 21/04/2013 : 05:00:32
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

2nd option is to add the " marks as I have done, this is old coding on this forum so the code from photobucket wont work, it will only work if you add the quote mark before http:/...... and after .html"]

You expect ME to remember that ??!!!!

Xxx
scottishbluebird Posted - 21/04/2013 : 01:19:23
quote:

when did you last post a pic? it is just a recent problem, and a weird one!
AcidicAngel Posted - 21/04/2013 : 01:17:41
Blackcat Posted - 20/04/2013 : 21:12:26
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

Sue, I don't have any problems with Dropbox and it's not age that's the problem. It will depend on whether you share the link of an enclosing folder and make it public. Set up sub folders and only copy the link to individual photos or movies and that is all that will show.

I have individual folders for the different forums and FB. I also have shared common folders for exchanging 'work' files. These only show up on my Desktop and the person I'm working with.

Thanks, will give it a go at some point.
Ok so if I can't blame my age will just have to pretend I have some unknown condition which prevents me from 'understanding' computers and technical stuff
scottishbluebird Posted - 20/04/2013 : 18:47:37
I only use pb and dont have fb, it is really weird and very annoying why it is doing that, as someone said on here, (cant remember who) when copied pasted, click on preview then delete the extra text
Auld Baldy Posted - 20/04/2013 : 18:29:15
Sue, I don't have any problems with Dropbox and it's not age that's the problem. It will depend on whether you share the link of an enclosing folder and make it public. Set up sub folders and only copy the link to individual photos or movies and that is all that will show.

I have individual folders for the different forums and FB. I also have shared common folders for exchanging 'work' files. These only show up on my Desktop and the person I'm working with.
Blackcat Posted - 20/04/2013 : 17:56:48
I just have problems full stop
FB for some reason wont let me upload photos - have had issues for weeks now, so have just stopped trying.
If I try to use dropbox I get stuff I don't want showing - probably just me being very computer illiterate due to my age.
a33272 Posted - 20/04/2013 : 14:31:45
Its upto the individual how they choice to do it.the photobucket info in photo section was only because that was the most common photo hosting site at the time not because it was the prefered forum way.
Welshlamb Posted - 20/04/2013 : 13:37:50
Lets just move to Picasa or Facebook and save the problems reoccurring
smart bunny Posted - 20/04/2013 : 12:05:29
It's an annoyance for me at best as I simply have to remember to delete the extra code - but a lot of new people have trouble just posting pics on here, without having to explain which bit to delete as well! It used to be a simple case of hover over the image and click the right link... now you have to hover over the pic until the settings symbol shows up, click the setting symbol, click the link, delete the code... arrrgh!!!!
gmac Posted - 20/04/2013 : 11:51:26
they must be getting ready to add all sorts of adverts to their pages now so that when you click a photo you will get all sorts of weird adverts on the page,

I use facebook for adding photos in here.

must admit I had wondered why i was having to mess with photos in here lol,
NatalieC Posted - 20/04/2013 : 11:49:37
I agree with Smart bunny. When i posted pictures the other day i usually copy the IMG code on PB but it also comes up with the URL code now as well for some reason

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000