The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Chakra's first feed at home -- whoohoo!

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Steph Posted - 10/02/2013 : 20:35:21
Well, put the kids to bed and put two defrosted pinkies in the shoebox in front of the warm-end hide (Chakra's been sleeping/sitting behind the cold-end hide for two days now, refusing to budge) and closed the lid and backed off.

Instantly, he started flicking his tongue and looking around. Constricted the first pinky right off I hear (my youngest decided to get out of bed and come crying for mum, so I had to rush off and I missed that part). When I got back, the first pinky was gone. But I got to see him grab the head of the 2nd pinky and drag it under the hide.

He's settled nicely under there now. All is quiet in the house. And hopefully there will be no regurgitation and we can rest easy that he's settled and we've gotten him over this big hurdle towards settling down in his new home.

So pleased!
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Donnie Posted - 12/02/2013 : 08:11:53
Glad it went well for you
Jayclk Posted - 12/02/2013 : 07:08:16
always good to see the first feed and shed :)
Steph Posted - 11/02/2013 : 22:35:37
quote:
Originally posted by Razee

Ah, glad it went well, it's always exciting when it's the first one, and just wait for the first shed ! :-)

omg, yeah -- forgot about that for a second. Yeah, the first shed will be something (right now awaiting the first poo, LOL)
Razee Posted - 11/02/2013 : 14:44:49
Ah, glad it went well, it's always exciting when it's the first one, and just wait for the first shed ! :-)
Hissyfit Posted - 11/02/2013 : 13:10:44
Glad the first feed went well
Steph Posted - 11/02/2013 : 05:45:48
quote:
Originally posted by Moppet

That's great news

Thanks. I know it might sound ridiculous to be so excited -- but this is our first corn snake and it's all so amazing.

As he had his first home feed on the first day of the Chinese New Year, which is the Year of the Snake, my kids think this is all very 'auspicious', haha.

Either way, really great that he's comfy and we're all looking forward to watching him grow. The staff at the shop where I got him, Berkshire Exotics in Hare Hatch, have fielded all of my hundreds of newby questions with patience and they've been great with the advice and giving me the confidence that I'm doing everything okay. They've reassured me that corn snakes are hardy little things and I'm not apt to do anything terribly wrong and should just relax and enjoy. Which I'm more than happy to do now :)
Moppet Posted - 10/02/2013 : 20:58:53
That's great news

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000