The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 OMG OMG don't want to jinx anything but...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
smart bunny Posted - 09/02/2013 : 09:29:53
I believe Prism actually ate the fuzzy we left in with her last night

We've moved her into a bigger enclosure (as we needed her smaller one for a new addition lol!) and I think she likes it! We were supposed to leave her a feed overnight a few weeks ago but found she was deep in blue so left her... as she'd then missed a feed or 2 we tried to feed her normally and ended up assisting last week so last night it was time to try overnight again. I wanted to see where she was and I lifted the moss out of her cold hide to find her curled up at the bottom so thought - what the heck, I dropped the fuzzy on top of her - gently - left the moss out and put the hide lid back on. Lo and behold this morning I checked the hide... no Prism and no mouse either!! She's all curled up in her warm hide now and I think there's a bump there but not certain as don't want to disturb her more than a tiny peek.

We're going to wait a couple of days, then get her out and have a good search of her viv to ensure it hasn't just been moved somewhere, but I'm feeling really hopeful as she doesn't tend to go in her warm hide all that often normally, and I don't see how she could have accidentally moved the mouse out of the cold hide yay!!

19   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
ScalySituation Posted - 16/02/2013 : 14:14:37
maybe you can choccie coat next week as a treat for being a good girl and eating :P (I kid, of course)
smart bunny Posted - 16/02/2013 : 09:37:39
She ate again last night :D Hubby didn't even check the hide this morning, he was convinced it was a one-off and she definitely wouldn't eat again and he'd just be disappointed, but I had more faith that she has indeed turned the corner, and nothing there and she's curled up in the warm one again, phew! :)
lupi lou Posted - 15/02/2013 : 16:09:41
fab news!!
scottishbluebird Posted - 14/02/2013 : 22:38:03
Great news!
Blackcat Posted - 14/02/2013 : 19:05:07
So pleased for you that Hoggy has eaten too
kev 5 Posted - 14/02/2013 : 16:20:28
good to hear they're doing well
smart bunny Posted - 14/02/2013 : 11:16:21
It gets even better... tried 'tubbing' Hoggy last night - never worked with Prism so wasn't expecting much luck, got him out this morning and OMG he's eaten too, and I didn't even have to chop up a toad :p!!!

Thanks to everyone, as you all said the relief in fantastic... This has just been the BEST week, I'm so chuffed with them both :D :D
Blackcat Posted - 12/02/2013 : 15:03:12
Great news she is eating unassisted - hope it continues and that the naughty Hoggy eats too
NexivRed Posted - 12/02/2013 : 12:24:59
That's great news for you :D Fantastic.
smart bunny Posted - 12/02/2013 : 10:22:19
It's official, she definitely ate the mouse as I had thought, yay!!! So relieved, I'm hoping now she's done it once we will be sorted - she's up to 48g now as well (18g at her skinniest when we started assisting) :O

Of course... the nwew hoggy hasn't fed yet, arrrgh!!!
Donnie Posted - 09/02/2013 : 23:26:53
Great news, hopefully that's the start of him feeding on his own for good
scottishbluebird Posted - 09/02/2013 : 21:53:35
Thats brilliant congrats!
herriotfan Posted - 09/02/2013 : 17:22:41
It's great when a non feeder takes a meal.
Let's hope it's the start of regular feeding!
lupi lou Posted - 09/02/2013 : 15:43:50
yay lets hope she keeps it up! can't imagine how happy you must be
Blackcat Posted - 09/02/2013 : 14:59:52
The relief must be terrific, I do hope that this is the turning point and she now keeps this up
smart bunny Posted - 09/02/2013 : 10:47:46
We got her in July, and apart from twice after a couple of months of not eating when we got a *shhh, live pinky* she still wasn't interested no matter what we tried and was starting to lose weight and look really skinny. We started assisting in about October time I think out of desparation one time when she was just refusing again, and it worked like a charm. She went from 18g then to 36g last week yay, and now it looks like we have finally got there!! I am soooo relieved :D
Hissyfit Posted - 09/02/2013 : 10:46:27
It's great when non feeders start to eat
kev 5 Posted - 09/02/2013 : 09:45:27
good to hear. I've got one hatchling left from last year, a little non-feeding butter i had to assist feed for quite a while. she's been eating on her own for quite a while now and is up to 15 grams.
paulie78 Posted - 09/02/2013 : 09:38:17
Woop Woop good news fingers crossed

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000