The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Probably a silly question...

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
AcidicAngel Posted - 06/02/2013 : 22:52:24
...But would you consider this heat mat safe? The wires at the top are exposed and there are burn marks... My instincts scream NO at me instantly. It's my spare that I originally thought was printed(it's not) but after closer inspection I find that the black strips are actually inside... Along with the white piece of paper that is burnt. It's all inside.
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
eeji Posted - 07/02/2013 : 19:23:52
I would be seriously tempted to experiment with it, plug it in unstatted and then block all the air flow to it and see how hot it gets or if it gets any more scorched (obviously not under a snake, and not left unattended )
lupi lou Posted - 07/02/2013 : 17:43:45
like the other have said bin it, its not worth the risk
Blackcat Posted - 07/02/2013 : 13:11:15
Definately throw it away, it isn't worth the risk and mats are not expensive to buy.
smart bunny Posted - 07/02/2013 : 09:34:29
Agree with binning it!!!
coxymk2 Posted - 07/02/2013 : 09:19:33
No wonder you worried anything electrical with exposed wires and burn marks is extremely dangerous. I follow the guide when in doubt throw it out.
herriotfan Posted - 07/02/2013 : 09:19:01
Bin it.....would you want it in your bed? !!!
AcidicAngel Posted - 06/02/2013 : 22:58:55
quote:
Originally posted by gmac

exposed wires, burn marks. No I wouldnt be using this mat

Didn't think so. I was using it for a while without noticing the wires were exposed and everything and then I switched to a Pro-Rep one as you can't take the plug off this one so I couldn't take the plug off to thread the wire through the hole in the back of the viv when hooking it up to the stat that Donnie sent me(thank you so much!) so I switched to my Pro-Rep. Then I thought this was printed and it's not and it's on closer inspection I notice the burning and the wires. Worried me quite a bit...
gmac Posted - 06/02/2013 : 22:53:25
exposed wires, burn marks. No I wouldnt be using this mat

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000