The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 kitting Cornelius' new viv

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
harry Cornelius Posted - 01/02/2013 : 18:15:50
So next weekend I'm finally getting his viv sorted, hope to get him in by next sunday. I'll use this thread to post the pics. My oak branch is coming on too
20   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
harry Cornelius Posted - 13/02/2013 : 17:15:09
quote:
Originally posted by NexivRed

quote:
Originally posted by eeji

i must be getting tired, I read the title as 'Knitting' and thought a snake would escape from a wooly viv!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been reading it as knitting ever day :D

Fantastic job though. Real labour of love, you're proud of it I bet :)

yer quite happy with it but still got some ideas I want to do lol
NexivRed Posted - 13/02/2013 : 17:03:04
quote:
Originally posted by eeji

i must be getting tired, I read the title as 'Knitting' and thought a snake would escape from a wooly viv!

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's been reading it as knitting every day :D

Fantastic job though. Real labour of love, you're proud of it I bet :)
Steph Posted - 13/02/2013 : 14:28:27
It looks great!
AcidicAngel Posted - 12/02/2013 : 17:50:21
Loving the look! Definitely having a go at this!
smart bunny Posted - 12/02/2013 : 10:25:16
Looks excellent, you've got a lucky snake there! :D
harry Cornelius Posted - 12/02/2013 : 09:32:23
I had to chuckle last night when I put him in. He didn't dart off and hide, instead he just buried his head lol as if saying " never mind the rest of my body hanging out on Show because you can't see me I hiding " hehe crazy snake
eeji Posted - 11/02/2013 : 22:10:05
kev 5 Posted - 11/02/2013 : 21:37:07
looks really good
harry Cornelius Posted - 11/02/2013 : 20:44:06
Here he is, finally moved in lol still a lot I want to do to his viv but for now it'll do I'm intending on putting some braided rope hanging from the branches and a couple of silk plants
Hissyfit Posted - 11/02/2013 : 13:12:36
It looks great already
Steph Posted - 10/02/2013 : 20:31:03
This all looks really great. Impressive diy -- looking forward to seeing the finished result.
harry Cornelius Posted - 10/02/2013 : 18:51:53
quote:
Originally posted by Auld Baldy

<--- Who? Me? I'll PM my Slush Fund Swiss Bank Account details ASAP.

cheers for the tip off, the lights really set the viv off
Auld Baldy Posted - 10/02/2013 : 18:31:00
<--- Who? Me? I'll PM my Slush Fund Swiss Bank Account details ASAP.
harry Cornelius Posted - 10/02/2013 : 18:08:08
Well it looks like my boy will have to wait until tomoz before moving.fitted my lights today ( hear I owe someone bit of commission for the Ikea special deal) aswell as some extra vents. I didn't like the lighting wire on show so covered it with some wood trim got my mat and stat installed so just dry running it while the sealant dries. Another couple of coats of varnish on the branch and I'll get it all together
harry Cornelius Posted - 07/02/2013 : 17:27:40
Just been and got all my kit just need some varnish and my Ikea lighting and job will be a good un
smart bunny Posted - 07/02/2013 : 09:36:48
Wow I have to say that looks very impressive - I wouldn't manage to do that either lol!
AcidicAngel Posted - 06/02/2013 : 19:11:35
I might give it a go actually, will go collecting tomorrow when I go to collect rocks for my fish tank. Might see if there's any decent rocks for the snakes to have to lay on and stuff as well. My woods are right across the road so I cross the road, walk in and start looking lol. And there's a stream so rocks are easy to find. All will be boiled and dried and if needs be repeated before it goes anywhere near the snake viv though, don't worry.
harry Cornelius Posted - 06/02/2013 : 18:59:45
quote:
Originally posted by Sta~ple

Looking very nice, does he get the painting and the picture of the baby too :P which I could made sticks go in sticks like that and debark my wood as nice as that!

debarking was fairly easy, I just cut them and popped them in the big oven at work for aday then just scraped the bark off with a good paper scrapper. Once debarked I cranked up the heat and popped it back in the oven for another day til it was nice and dry
Sta~ple Posted - 06/02/2013 : 18:20:58
Looking very nice, does he get the painting and the picture of the baby too :P which I could made sticks go in sticks like that and debark my wood as nice as that!
AcidicAngel Posted - 06/02/2013 : 17:42:03
quote:
Originally posted by harry Cornelius

quote:
Originally posted by AcidicAngel

Wish I could do something like that with wood so I could make my snakes vivs look nicer XD

just got to have a go, after all they are only branches so if you mess it up just go get somemore. But it's really not that hard

Oh trust me, I'd probably chop my fingers off XD I'm OK with DIY but cutting things? Nah. I can re-wire a plug and everything but chopping things? Nah XD

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000