The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Puzzled

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
ozziesmum Posted - 30/01/2013 : 16:00:52
Hi all,

I had a bit of a health scare a week and a half ago which resulted in me being rushed in for an emergency blood transfusion 3 units in total since then Rhubarb has reverted back to how he was when I rescued him just over 2 years ago, he's skittish, rattling his tail, head butting me with his nose and coiling then striking which is all very strange as he is such a sweetheart and loves being handled. Now I know he's in the middle of his breeding season but I have been through this with him twice before and it hasn't changed his personality and he is ok once I get him out it's just catching the little b****r to get him out. Could it be that at 4 foot he is now fully grown and isn't playing at wanting to sneak into Custards viv to view her etchings but actually does mean business or is it that I taste different so to him I'm a stranger.
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Hissyfit Posted - 31/01/2013 : 13:05:53
Good luck with the endoscopy, hope it all turns out well for you
Razee Posted - 31/01/2013 : 08:18:36
Hope you get good results and that you're ok. xxx

Maybe you not only smell of hospital, maybe you will smell different for a while , after transfusion? Snakes got really good sense of smell, could it be possible that he's saying - it is, and yet ,it's not her?
smart bunny Posted - 30/01/2013 : 21:16:45
Sounds like maybe you did smell a bit 'different' at first. Sorry to hear about the health scare - glad you are feeling better and hope the results come back as good as possible xxx
scottishbluebird Posted - 30/01/2013 : 20:35:59
Hope you keep getting better xx just keep doing what you did when you got him, hope he settles back properly
ozziesmum Posted - 30/01/2013 : 20:06:42
Thanks both, I'm feeling much better now thank you a bit touch and go at one point but I'm still here so not all bad, just the endoscopy to get through now and hopefully nothing sinister in the results.

Rhubarb seems a bit calmer tonight certainly not so threatening so looking up on that side too.

herriotfan Posted - 30/01/2013 : 19:20:09
Could be a touch of both. Only thing you can do is give him time and hope his mood improves.
Hope you are ok now. Must have been a fright!
Hissyfit Posted - 30/01/2013 : 17:44:09
That all sounds rather scary! Hope you're feeling alright again now
No idea about Rhubarb, but suspect either breeding season or you still smell like the hospital.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000