The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 undigested food

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
harry Cornelius Posted - 29/01/2013 : 21:16:31
I fed cornelius on Wednesday evening and Friday he pooed as he normally does then again on Sunday, then tonight (Tuesday) on looking in,i noticed another poo and really rank smelling mouse tail and what looked like undigested skin. Looked like the rear of the mouse. So I'm unsure whether he pasted it or if it's a regurge ???? Has anyone else ever seen this or possibly have any advice please
7   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
Moppet Posted - 31/01/2013 : 21:34:12
Good that you know the reason. I've had a regurge due to heat issues too, she's had several feeds since (after the 10 days) and is none the worse for it

If in doubt, it is always better to treat it as a regurge anyway, it won't do much harm if it isn't but it does sound like this was.
Blackcat Posted - 30/01/2013 : 15:17:40
Always good to 'know' the reason for a regurge, makes it easier to prevent a reaccurance. Leaving for 10 days is hard when having only one snake - no snakey time, but is important as stated by others to allow stomach acids to recover.
Hope all goes well next time
harry Cornelius Posted - 29/01/2013 : 21:45:55
Well at least i know what it was and why it happened, just disappointed he's got to be left for 10 days lol :(
smart bunny Posted - 29/01/2013 : 21:37:37
Pooing on Friday/Sunday will be nothing to do with eating on Weds... that will be poo from the previous meal ;) Does sound like a partial regurge so I'd say the same as Lupi, check temps and no feeding for 10 days to allow his stomach acids to recover :)

Ahh, your post wasn't there when I started! Yes, I remember seeing your heat mat thread and would agree that's probably the cause.
harry Cornelius Posted - 29/01/2013 : 21:36:23
From just reading the sticky, id say it was a regurge caused by my heat mat losing heat, but it's been replaced now so hopefully the problem is fixed
Georgina Posted - 29/01/2013 : 21:26:29
If it smelt rank it's regurge. As above, there's a sticky somewhere about it x
lupi lou Posted - 29/01/2013 : 21:20:49
how long since he ate? I have seen partial digests/regurge and it does smell bad! Check your set up and treat as a regurge, so leave him along for 10 days no handling or feed.

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000