The Corn Snake Forum
The Corn Snake Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Corn Snake Posts
 General Posts
 Snake Poo

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List

* HTML is OFF
* Forum Code is ON
Smilies
Smile [:)] Big Smile [:D] Cool [8D] Blush [:I]
Tongue [:P] Evil [):] Wink [;)] Clown [:o)]
Black Eye [B)] Eight Ball [8] Frown [:(] Shy [8)]
Shocked [:0] Angry [:(!] Dead [xx(] Sleepy [|)]
Kisses [:X] Approve [^] Disapprove [V] Question [?]

T O P I C    R E V I E W
DiffBrookes Posted - 24/01/2013 : 00:55:06
Hi,
After feeding Clark doesn't do just one big poo, he literally does one a day for 2-3 days.

Is this normal? And what ways do you get the poo out of the viv? Because at the moment I'm just using a sandwich bag (like you would do for a dog or cat) and everytime I do I end up just smudging it everywhere.

HELP
8   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
serena_08 Posted - 24/01/2013 : 19:34:27
Mine depend on what size meal they have too, if ruby has a large shell poo twice in two days, but only once on a medium. The younger two on smalls poop little and often.
DiffBrookes Posted - 24/01/2013 : 18:21:24
Cheers guys
Dancross0 Posted - 24/01/2013 : 16:46:09
Sounds normal. Also, the rate your snake poops at depends with the individual snake.

Cheap tissues work well, just scoop up the mess, and you can also use them to wipe down the viv/faun as well (and in my case, chuck the lot in a compost bin).

You want to see what my '08 Carolina leaves me after a feed and he being in blue for 10 days!
scottishbluebird Posted - 24/01/2013 : 16:25:38
Sorry if i worried you, i got Kellogs at 6 months, so not an overly young snake, when i saw the pic, i did think it looked normal
Never be weirded out to post poop pics here!!
ScalySituation Posted - 24/01/2013 : 10:59:36
Sheldon goes about 3 times after a feed, hes perfectly healthy, well apart from the OCD
smart bunny Posted - 24/01/2013 : 10:44:22
I would say in my limited experience it is more normal for a young snake to do several poos, the older they get the less they seem to go. Certainly my 2 would always do 2-3 poos a week when hatchies. Not necessarily 3 days in a row though? I usually use a piece of kitchen roll to get it out, it's easier to get out if it has dried out a bit, but of course better if you see it to remove it asap.

edit - and I used aspen-like bedding, then switched to beech chips for 1 delivery - found them much more messy as they are not absorbent enough, and also hated the smell, so I went back to aspen-like bedding which tends to absorb the poo better and it's easier to just take out in a big lump lol. I have just bought a bag of lignocel so will be trying that soon...
DiffBrookes Posted - 24/01/2013 : 07:01:18
scottishbluebird Posted - 24/01/2013 : 00:58:52
This is not normal, can you post pics?

The Corn Snake Forum © 2000-11 thecornsnake.co.uk Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000